• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Labour Party Conference 2014

Surprised no-one else has started this off. Looks like Ed Balls have spelled out some vote winners.

http://news.sky.com/story/1339787/balls-we-have-learnt-from-our-mistakes

Well? Are these polices going to convince you?

Treasury Exchequer Secretary Priti Patel poured scorn on Mr Balls' plan for the economy, claiming Labour would put the deficit up, not down.

The Children's Society said Labour's plans to freeze child benefit would leave the average family more than £400 a year worse off by 2017 and urged the shadow chancellor to reconsider.

None of them have any idea how to run a budget, huge financial incompetence.
Balls is likely to be the biggest liability to winning any undecided voters.

None of them have any idea how to run a budget, huge financial incompetence.
Balls is likely to be the biggest liability to winning any undecided voters.

Doesnt matter what policies they come up with, they wont win with Ed Milliband, he is far more likely to put people off.

Looks like his mum took him:

Some people might base their votes on something a bit more tangible...

Many however wont.

Lots of people will vote purely on the man, and Milliband comes across terribly. I said at the time when they picked Ed they picked the wrong brother and threw away the next election, I see no reason to change my mind.

Many however wont.

Lots of people will vote purely on the man (or woman), and Milliband comes across terribly.

And conversely Farage is likeable but his policies are nonsense. People are fed up with the current 'out of touch' politicians and are voting for personalities not policies.

(But if you really want change from the establishment, there are better alternatives)

Really Farage likeable !!

The man is a conman worse than a second hand car seller and appeals to those that want to blame our recession on over sea workers rather than their own lack of work ethics

Uts

And conversely Farage is likeable but his policies are nonsense. People are fed up with the current 'out of touch' politicians and are voting for personalities not policies.

(But if you really want change from the establishment, there are better alternatives)

Please explain to us mere mortals why UKIP's policies are 'nonsense'. Is it because the Grauniad and Huffpo told you so? Do you actually know what their policies are, or are you just basing your assessment on them being right of centre and therefore beyond the pale? Those who dismiss honest concern about immigration and multiculturalism as 'nonsense' are truly 'out of touch'.

The man is a conman worse than a second hand car seller and appeals to those that want to blame our recession on over sea workers rather than their own lack of work ethics

Uts

Well exactly, but this is what I've been told by plenty of small-minded friends, family and countless idiots on facebook.

Please explain to us mere mortals why UKIP's policies are 'nonsense'. Is it because the Grauniad and Huffpo told you so? Do you actually know what their policies are, or are you just basing your assessment on them being right of centre and therefore beyond the pale? Those who dismiss honest concern about immigration and multiculturalism as 'nonsense' are truly 'out of touch'.

No, and yes. I am well aware of their policies (and for the record I read the Independent) - I prefer to make my judgements based on facts and reasoned analysis, and I have reason enough to dislike a party almost entirely based around scapegoating immigrants and the EU.

Also, and while I'm in no way suggesting that this is anywhere near the party line or representative of the party's members, there's always plenty of racist, homophobic, sexist etc nonsense coming from a considerable number of UKIP candidates, and the fact that Roger Helmer is still representing me in Europe sickens me.

And call me out of touch all you will but saying you're concerned about multiculturalism is nonsense if you ask me.

No, and yes. I am well aware of their policies (and for the record I read the Independent) - I prefer to make my judgements based on facts and reasoned analysis, and I have reason enough to dislike a party almost entirely based around scapegoating immigrants and the EU.

Also, and while I'm in no way suggesting that this is anywhere near the party line or representative of the party's members, there's always plenty of racist, homophobic, sexist etc nonsense coming from a considerable number of UKIP candidates, and the fact that Roger Helmer is still representing me in Europe sickens me.

And call me out of touch all you will but saying you're concerned about multiculturalism is nonsense if you ask me.

OK honkytonk, I think you're out of touch. And we need more chaps like Mr Helmer in English politics.

Uts

Actually Farage has never said anything regarding sailors or fishermen.

like the scandal in Rotherham perhaps?
Not really, for a start none of us will be voting for Rotherham Councillors in the general election. Secondly that is nothing to do with party policy and if there was political capital to be gained from that Cameron would have done so and hasn't. That was an appalling episode and as far as I am concerned any members of the Council, civil service and police who turned a blind eye should face a court for neglect and dereliction of duty - I would even class that as aiding criminal activity. No hiding on that, these were individuals with responsibilities.

Rachel Reeve has just been on the radio. Not one straight answer to a single question. She even messed up on how much a single pension is. If this is the sort of thing we have to look forward to then god help us all. All she did was trot out the same old lines without even giving a hint to how Labour are going to be an improvement. It was pitiful to listen to.

Back