• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bobby dazzler

Manager
Talksport this evening phone in chat
A Bolton fan unhappy with Dougie Freedmans tenure was asked who he would like to replace him.
Phil Brown was the reply. Good shout came the retort from Posh's loudest fan Adrian Durnham.
Lets hope this is a lonely soul with no mates and loses his voice quickly. It shows others are recognising his talents thats for sure. Phils brief tenure as caretaker manager of Bolton saw him win four out of five before Big Sam was installed. He stayed as his assistant for six years so has history with them.
Are there still people undecided about him or are we happy with our lot. (after four straight wins its easy to get loved up with him)

It'd be understandable if Brown wanted to go, and also if Bolton and their fans wanted him. It's definitely not something we could really get in his way of.

However I hope Brown recognises that he's got unfinished business here and he could go where he wants with our blessing if he gets us out of this ****ing league!

It'd be understandable if Brown wanted to go, and also if Bolton and their fans wanted him. It's definitely not something we could really get in his way of.

However I hope Brown recognises that he's got unfinished business here and he could go where he wants with our blessing if he gets us out of this ****ing league!

Come on be real.

Boltan will if true offer him far more money and potential to manage in the prem.

True that is possible but even so Phil would be mad to turn down that gig.

Did you read what I said? I wouldn't be surprised if he went if it was offered. I also would be surprised if he tried to go even if it wasn't offered! It'd be a dream move and job for him.

However. If Bolton are sensible then they wouldn't be looking at Brown at this moment in time.

Also, I hope Brown would recognise that management is a long game, and people have long memories.

It'd be worth his while trying to see a job to completion because his stock has been low for a while, and he's starting to turn that around and he could well ride Southend (figuratively!) to L1 and who knows where.

Bolton are a club in dire straights (and they've not even sacked Freedman yet so it's all hypothetical) and at this moment in time it might not be sensible to cash in his 'Bolton Manager' job that he will at some point inevitably get. Bailing mid-season with us only to go to a sinking ship and suddenly he's back at square one. Bolton are in a dreadful place at the moment and while it's easier to see the grass as being greener - it definitely isn't up there. However with Brown's slightly enlarged ego you guess that he'd see himself as some kind of saviour figure for them and he'd love nothing more than to swoop in and save the day.

Bolton are by far a bigger club than SUFC, If he was offered the job he would be mad not to take it,also i would like to think that Bolton would also have to buy out he contract with SUFC as they would if it was a player they were purchasing.He would go with my blessing as he has Sufc in a good position ( strength wise) .SUFC have never stopped a player from trying to better himself ,why would they stop a manager.

One poxy Bolton fan gives an opinion and 'bosh', off we go. Don't ya just love SZ?

No. People are just discussing the possibilities and outcomes of this did happen. It's a forum you discuss things. Stop being a mug and if you don't have anything to stay about the subject dont

Mine was an opinion too. Get over it.

Don't like the man, and honestly don't think he will take us up this season. Puts teams out that I would wuestion each week. This is just my opinion so don't shoot me down

We all think we're football managers though. I questioned Tilly when he sent Drewe Broughton on loan in an injury crisis and started some inexperienced and untried kid called Freddy Eastwood against Swansea...

One poxy Bolton fan gives an opinion and 'bosh', off we go. Don't ya just love SZ?

Will always happen when we are doing well, nature of a lower league club.

Managers and players doing a good job will always generate interest in above and subsequently discussion about it will shortly follow.

We all think we're football managers though. I questioned Tilly when he sent Drewe Broughton on loan in an injury crisis and started some inexperienced and untried kid called Freddy Eastwood against Swansea...

I would never question getting rid of Broughton, absolute donkey! I get your point though

Back