• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Alan Devonshire anyone?

(Wouldn't necessarily be my choice, but he seems to be doing a very good job at Braintree.)

Left by mutal consent according to Sky

Out of interest, how exactly does "by mutual consent actually work"?

Chairman: "We don't want you anymore."
Manager: "Good, I didn't want to stay anyway."
Chairman: "So, it's agreed by mutual consent you can **** off."

Alan Devonshire anyone?

(Wouldn't necessarily be my choice, but he seems to be doing a very good job at Braintree.)

Devo would be my choice.

Plays the game right and has immense knowledge of lower league football,Assuming Phil quits.

Out of interest, how exactly does "by mutual consent actually work"?

Chairman: "We don't want you anymore."
Manager: "Good, I didn't want to stay anyway."
Chairman: "So, it's agreed by mutual consent you can **** off."

Chairman: "We're sacking you"

Manager: "OK, but you'll need to pay me the rest of my salary otherwise you're in breach of my contract"

Chairman: "**** off"

Manager: "No thanks, I'll carry on doing my job then"

Chairman: "How about we pay you X% of what we owe, and call it 'mutual consent'. Neither of use will look as bad, even though everyone knows what it means"

Manger: "OK."

I haven't seen them play. Do they at least try to play decent football?

I know several who watch them week in week out and they all agree the football is easy on the eye and they score goals,Still cannot believe BT compete at that level being part time.

If Phil were to leave I think Ron would opt for a bigger name. Give him his dues he has done ok bringing in managers.

If Phil were to leave I think Ron would opt for a bigger name. Give him his dues he has done ok bringing in managers.

Being fair,

Ron literally stumbled upon Tilson who in turn was our best manager of all time IMO.Being fair to Ron he certainly give's his managers a fair amount of time.

Being fair,

Ron literally stumbled upon Tilson who in turn was our best manager of all time IMO.Being fair to Ron he certainly give's his managers a fair amount of time.

Maybe, but he also recognised the job Tilly was doing and kept him on.

As someone else pointed out, Phil Brown won 4 out of 5 when in caretaker charge of Bolton, but their chairman still brought someone else in.

He then did well with both Sturrock and Brown.

Didnt enjoy Sturrocks football, as most didnt, but he still did a great job in stabilising the ship and the second season was a great achievement results wise.

Brown has been very good since.

Both good appointments and as you say gives them enough time and knows when to pull the trigger.

Maybe, but he also recognised the job Tilly was doing and kept him on.

As someone else pointed out, Phil Brown won 4 out of 5 when in caretaker charge of Bolton, but their chairman still brought someone else in.

Then sold Tilly down the river during the relegation from league 1!

Phill Brown is 25/1

Fav is Jimmy Phillips youth team coach, Rowett also ahead of Brown in the betting 16's

Talksport this evening phone in chat
A Bolton fan unhappy with Dougie Freedmans tenure was asked who he would like to replace him.
Phil Brown was the reply. Good shout came the retort from Posh's loudest fan Adrian Durnham.
Lets hope this is a lonely soul with no mates and loses his voice quickly. It shows others are recognising his talents thats for sure. Phils brief tenure as caretaker manager of Bolton saw him win four out of five before Big Sam was installed. He stayed as his assistant for six years so has history with them.
Are there still people undecided about him or are we happy with our lot. (after four straight wins its easy to get loved up with him)

He is doing a great job...

(unless we lose the next 2 games in which case he can just f*** off to Bolton)

What for? The post I respond to was not needed and had nothing to do with this conversation

Back