• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bolton need someone to steady the ship with no budget. They'd be better off with Sturrock that Brown!

Obviously the links are there but Brown has done well with an established L2 club with a decent budget (relative to size and league position) and he's had no success previously in saving a sinking ship.

Good manager? Yes.
Right manager for Bolton right now? No.

Bolton need someone to steady the ship with no budget. They'd be better off with Sturrock that Brown!

Obviously the links are there but Brown has done well with an established L2 club with a decent budget (relative to size and league position) and he's had no success previously in saving a sinking ship.

Good manager? Yes.
Right manager for Bolton right now? No.

On the subject of budget a Bolton fan friend of mine say that they couldn't afford the compensation.. Lets hope so :thumbsup:

People will soon notice again his not a good manager and has done nothing, apart from luckily get Hull to prem he is hanging on to that. People think he ios a good manager becuase he gets aroung in the media

People will soon notice again his not a good manager and has done nothing, apart from luckily get Hull to prem he is hanging on to that. People think he ios a good manager becuase he gets aroung in the media

How was getting Hull into the Prem lucky? Genuine question.

I like Phil .. he is doing an ok Job

He knows its a un complete Job at Southend and will hopefully want to complete the Job ( promotion )

If he does want to leave good luck to him.. Steve Tilson or Glen Pennyfather WILL complete the Job IMHO

What a load of bollocks, let's hope he is just as "lucky" for us then !!!!!

FFstadium5510
As much as I appreciate you giving very forthright and honest views in your posts, I cannot help but wonder if you are an arguementitive soul , a wind up merchant, or just plainly ill educated. Makes no difference to be honest as the sun is shining this morning, we have lost a game to our bogey team and are still three points off top.
Post away :smile:

Oddschecker now has him clear favourite:
SkyBet & BetVictor: 4/5, Paddy Power: 5/4, Ladbrokes 6/4, Coral 9/4, Betfair 8/11, William Hill 1/1 & Betfair Exchange 19/10.

Someone mention moyes being in talks - well they must have not gone well as he has dropped from around 10th favourite to almost out of the (betting) running.
That said Tony Mowbray odds have shortened quite quickly so he may now be a serious contender. He is 2nd favourite behind Brown & being out of work, no compensation will be needed.

i personally would be sad to see him leave but certainly wouldn't at all begrudge him and would be pretty confident we can replace him with someone good

The sooner Bolton's manager's post is filled the better. I can't believe the players are oblivious to what is going on in the background and that must have an impact on the squad, and the manager, especially if the players believe the manager wants away. I'm not saying it would have changed yesterday's result, but who knows.

The sooner Bolton's manager's post is filled the better. I can't believe the players are oblivious to what is going on in the background and that must have an impact on the squad, and the manager, especially if the players believe the manager wants away. I'm not saying it would have changed yesterday's result, but who knows.

Some of the players may want him to go though, they may feel that they would have a better chance of selection under a new manager.

Back