• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

londonblue

Topgun Pilot
So, so far the two countries that won the 2018 and 2022 bids have been cleared. The only countries that have been criticised are ones that didn't win.

BBC

Does that seem suspicious to anyone else?

(Ignoring the fact that Russia didn't supply any email accounts because the computers had been destroyed.)

Surprise surprise, the guy who authored the report says FIFA's findings are erroneous!

BBC

Blatter has been running FIFA corruptly for years. He has surrounded himself with equally bent yes men and until he is either removed or criminally investigated absolutely nothing will change. I think England should make a stand and withdraw from FIFA.

Nothing surprises me with FIFA anymore. How such a large and influential organisation has been getting away with such blatant corruption for so long is beyond me.

FIFA are just shameless aren't they.

Still I'm pretty shocked that our FA organised a training session for some kids from Trinidad and Tobago. Corruption of the highest order there.

YES and Australia did the same for some small countries around our region,Australia should be ashamed of themselves helping the smaller Oceania countries to improve their football. :smile: As for F.I.F.A the sooner countries like England , Australia and many others break away from them the better , fifa are the most corrupt organisation in the world and Blatter is bad for our game.
I still find it hard to believe that both QATAR and Russia could possibly get the next 2 world cups without being corrupt.:thumbdown:

I often wonder if Sepp Blatter and Bernie Ecclestone are related, both run the two most corrupt sporting organisations in the world.:thumbdown:

Simple fix....england, italy, germany, spain, france, portugal and either brazil or argentina need to form a coalition of sorts and say bye fifa we are going to form our own break away organisation. ....take the income generated by those countries and fifa will soon roll over and change. Imagine a world cup without those nations....good luck selling that.....other nations would inevitably follow the money leagues too leaving fifa with a sham of a tournament to sell.

Blatter has been running FIFA corruptly for years. He has surrounded himself with equally bent yes men and until he is either removed or criminally investigated absolutely nothing will change. I think England should make a stand and withdraw from FIFA.

Agree but money is the stumbling block with our FA, sad as it is.

Simple fix....england, italy, germany, spain, france, portugal and either brazil or argentina need to form a coalition of sorts and say bye fifa we are going to form our own break away organisation. ....take the income generated by those countries and fifa will soon roll over and change. Imagine a world cup without those nations....good luck selling that.....other nations would inevitably follow the money leagues too leaving fifa with a sham of a tournament to sell.
Add Holland , Belgium and as small as we are in football Australia to that list

This.

Breakaway tournament urgently required and leave Blatter and his cronies to their own devices.

This.

Breakaway tournament urgently required and leave Blatter and his cronies to their own devices.

You've got to say that leaving FIFA has to be looked into. However, the issue is similar to when the Premier League was set up. It needed all the clubs to resign at the same time.

In this instance, every country would need to resign at the same time, which would be difficult to achieve. No-one will want to be the first.

I really do hope it could happen though, unless FIFA actually sort themselves out...

Time to start boycotting their sponsors I think.

This could be the way ahead. One of FIFA's main strengths is that their key product* - the World Cup - is just so brilliant, it's difficult to ignore. I hate the fact the 2022 World Cup is in Qatar (Russia slightly less so; seems the process was dodgy but at least it is a footballing nation) but I'm not so principled that I'll avoid watching it on telly.

I could probably live without Coca Cola, Emirates, McDonalds, (except when I have a hangover) Castrol, Hyundai, and so on.

*Horrible word to use, but it works in this context. Sorry though.

This could be the way ahead. One of FIFA's main strengths is that their key product* - the World Cup - is just so brilliant, it's difficult to ignore. I hate the fact the 2022 World Cup is in Qatar (Russia slightly less so; seems the process was dodgy but at least it is a footballing nation) but I'm not so principled that I'll avoid watching it on telly.

I could probably live without Coca Cola, Emirates, McDonalds, (except when I have a hangover) Castrol, Hyundai, and so on.

*Horrible word to use, but it works in this context. Sorry though.

Good job we're boycotting FIFA and not UEFA, I don't think I could live without my daily fix of Gazprom

Last edited:
Countries leave FIFA and set up FIFA Mk2 and nothing will change - this level of money will ALWAYS breed corruption.

Meet the new boss
Same as the old boss

You've got to say that leaving FIFA has to be looked into. However, the issue is similar to when the Premier League was set up. It needed all the clubs to resign at the same time.

In this instance, every country would need to resign at the same time, which would be difficult to achieve. No-one will want to be the first.

I really do hope it could happen though, unless FIFA actually sort themselves out...

I think if Argentina ,Brazil,Germany,Spain and of course England all quit together then FIFA have nothing because the smaller nations will follow suit leaving Blatter with a pointless WC played by minnows or nations who the public do not want to watch.

Take your point though.

Back