• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Dreadful sporting events

Uncle Leo

This cook is an anti-semite
A couple of colleagues are very excited today as they are going to the Oxford University v Cambridge University rugby union match at Twickenham this afternoon.

While wishing them a fun afternoon, I struggled to think of a sporting event I'd *less* rather go to.

What about fellow SZers? The sporting events you'd hate to attend please.

Any NFL game ever.

Try one. Something like Buffalo at home in December with the wind howling, or Miami in September with the sun beating down. Great sport great atmosphere, great occasion.

The boat race.

Any horse race.

Any rugby match.

Anything involving motorbikes that doesn't also involve a man in an Elvis suit jumping over sh!t.

I'm going to mention darts, even though it's patently not a sport. Everything about darts is tedious and outdated, from the fact these "athletes" are merely almost all obese borderline alcoholics who've retreated to the pub for refuge from their failing marriage to the audience of "banter" enthusiasts, Soccer AM audience members and obese borderline alcoholics who've retreated to the pub for refuge from their failing marriage, but haven't got the hand eye coordination to have a stab at the sport themselves. Watching SSN last Christmas there was some typically over-excited Jim White Junior reporting from the venue stating that "Christmas just wouldn't be Christmas without the darts". No, it would. Believe me, it would. And what's with all of this "the Darts" stuff? It's almost as if everyone knows the odd cult surrounding this past time is an absolute sham, and they're overcompensating for it.

That, and equestrian events. There's something very Victorian about watching the upper classes get very excited about animals prancing about as if they're on a bed of hot coals.

I was going to say darts as well. When you get past the gaudy 'glamour and glitz' you realise it's pretty boring watching people throw arrows at a board. Most of the crowd there are grade A bellends

I was going to say darts as well. When you get past the gaudy 'glamour and glitz' you realise it's pretty boring watching people throw arrows at a board. Most of the crowd there are grade A bellends

I'm a fan, but haven't been for a few years as the big events have become intolerable. Full of people who are more interested in getting their mugs on telly and as much cheap lager as possible down their necks. And who love 'banter'.

Nothing wrong with darts at all, and I don't think Eric Bristow would agree that "it's a bit Northern"!

I've never had any desire ever to go to anything involving horses - racing or show jumping. I like my horses between the covers of a Jilly Cooper book!

Nothing wrong with darts at all, and I don't think Eric Bristow would agree that "it's a bit Northern"!

I've never had any desire ever to go to anything involving horses - racing or show jumping. I like my horses between the covers of a Jilly Cooper book!

Eric Bristow's about as northern as they come. An obese dart chucker who loves an ale and [allegedly] knocks his wife around a bit? [/allegedly] He might as well support Leeds and own a whippet.

Any form of rugby.

Anybody who says it's a "thinking man's sport" obviously is a bit odd, I don't know what's so thoughtful about cauliflower ears and rusty trombones.

Oh and Wimbledon. I don't despise tennis, just Wimbledon. It's the 2 weeks of the year when 80% of the country know EVERYTHING about tennis, despite never watching it for the remaining 50 weeks of the year.

And the fans. They applaud everything, Murray vs Djokovic? Murray's getting a pasting, clap him. ********s, sledge him. Put him off.

Bloody sheep.

Brazilian Girls Beach Volley Ball......that would be a terribly bad thing to watch wouldn't it?:winking:

Oh and Wimbledon. I don't despise tennis, just Wimbledon. It's the 2 weeks of the year when 80% of the country know EVERYTHING about tennis, despite never watching it for the remaining 50 weeks of the year.

And the fans. They applaud everything, Murray vs Djokovic? Murray's getting a pasting, clap him. ********s, sledge him. Put him off.

Bloody sheep.

After Murray's independence f*** up, I've lost a bit of respect for him but tennis still is THE best sport, even better than the national game IMO.

After Murray's independence f*** up, I've lost a bit of respect for him but tennis still is THE best sport, even better than the national game IMO.

Yeah I can't believe he had the cheek to have an opinion about something. He's a sportsperson, he should shut the **** up, he's not a regular person with an interest in whether or not their country of birth gains independence...

Back