• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those of us who watched the Wimbledon v Liverpool game this evening should have no hesitation in contacting Phil Brown and advise him to sign Adam Barrett in the morning. What a display tonight from a leader, a shrimper, a man with Southend in his blood. His loan deal ends at the Wombles tonight he is available on loan from Gillingham tomorrow. Come on Phil get on tat phone now, Ron Martin has his number. Forget the history with Ron he would come back without hesitation I am certain.

You cannot say he does not have passion for the game and whether you love or hate him he does give 100% and that is all anyone can ask for

I did watch the game and have to say the wimbledon faithful must be very proud after that performance. Thought Tubbs, Akinfenwa and Rigg were superb. The whole team were a credit to their fans. I wonder how we would have fared against Liverpool had we played them tonight?

Agree would be a real coup to get him back. Brown knows we need more of a threat from set pieces. Would be a popular move with the fans too.

I did watch the game and have to say the wimbledon faithful must be very proud after that performance. Thought Tubbs, Akinfenwa and Rigg were superb. The whole team were a credit to their fans. I wonder how we would have fared against Liverpool had we played them tonight?

Well we got a 0-0 draw back in the day.

If somehow we just signed Tubbs and Barratt then it would be job done. The latter I would image easier to achieve than the former but both would be available- Tubbs I think would = promotion. What price you put on that i don't know. Portsmouth probable seem like a big club just like it seemed to Ricky Holmes- the truth is very different but on cross of 16k they have the financial clout- would we take that gamble?? Note Ron has given the green light today for PB to recruit- whether we can compete financially in the market I don't know.

Think we wouldn't be the only ones interested after seeing the game tonight, there must have been a couple of league managers watching the game.

Think we wouldn't be the only ones interested after seeing the game tonight, there must have been a couple of league managers watching the game.

Would prefer we spent what funds we have on 1/2 proven perfumers than gamble in the loan market on kids/prem cast offs who are on their way out anyway. In terms of points we would be better served breaking the bank on Tubbs and putting JW in at CB for a while (we would still have one of the better back 4s in the division)

Would have thought if Barrett came back he would probably sign on a perm contract. Clearly not wanted by Gillingham. As others have said he is southend through and through, still lives in the area etc. would like Tubbs as well but doubt we will get him. Would be surprised if he didn't stay at Wimbledon for the season now, unless he can't. One thing that impressed me tonight was, that Wimbledon didn't sit back, where they could they pushed forward and showed liverpool no respect. I can't imagne us playing that way under brown in a similar situation

Would prefer we spent what funds we have on 1/2 proven perfumers than gamble in the loan market on kids/prem cast offs who are on their way out anyway. In terms of points we would be better served breaking the bank on Tubbs and putting JW in at CB for a while (we would still have one of the better back 4s in the division)

Calvin Klein? Coco Chanel?

Although Barrett was typically all action at both ends of the pitch, I was more impressed by his defensive partner Jake Goodman.

He would be back here in a flash and his agent got in touch with Brown before he was loaned to AFC Wombles, but Brown said no apparently, which AB was disappointed about but oh well. Brown wouldn't know a decent player at this level if said player kicked him in the nuts. He'd be a great addition - he'd bring some leadership, experience and passion which we are lacking, and a threat from set pieces which we also lack. I'm sure Brown watched his excellent performance tonight but he's too much of an arrogant Billy Big Bollocks to go in for him because that would mean admitting he was wrong, which he just doesn't do.

Would have thought if Barrett came back he would probably sign on a perm contract. Clearly not wanted by Gillingham. As others have said he is southend through and through, still lives in the area etc. would like Tubbs as well but doubt we will get him. Would be surprised if he didn't stay at Wimbledon for the season now, unless he can't. One thing that impressed me tonight was, that Wimbledon didn't sit back, where they could they pushed forward and showed liverpool no respect. I can't imagne us playing that way under brown in a similar situation

Tubbs is not staying at Wimbledon- appears he will sign permanently for Portsmouth.. all be it frankly however big he believes they are they guarantee him L2 football for another year.

Although Barrett was typically all action at both ends of the pitch, I was more impressed by his defensive partner Jake Goodman.

I guess that was why the BBC made him one of the 3 choices for MOM :unsure:

He would be back here in a flash and his agent got in touch with Brown before he was loaned to AFC Wombles, but Brown said no apparently, which AB was disappointed about but oh well. Brown wouldn't know a decent player at this level if said player kicked him in the nuts. He'd be a great addition - he'd bring some leadership, experience and passion which we are lacking, and a threat from set pieces which we also lack. I'm sure Brown watched his excellent performance tonight but he's too much of an arrogant Billy Big Bollocks to go in for him because that would mean admitting he was wrong, which he just doesn't do.

Spot on, I really doubt Brown's credentials at finding the right player. White is no captain and AB is just the boost the club needs right now, on and off the pitch. We need a centre half that dominates both boxes and can score goals and that would also give the help that Corr needs at set pieces.

I guess that was why the BBC made him one of the 3 choices for MOM :unsure:

Goodman had Lambert in his pocket all night while Barrett had a no-one really to mark and therefore a bit more freedom to step up with the ball and start playing as a makeshift winger/midfielder/striker.

Don't get me wrong, Barrett played well, but there's more to being a defender than making last ditch sliding blocks and attacking corners, as we often found out with him.

The BBC MOTM thing is just a way to try to validate the narrative that the commentators developed - which was the (good) performances of Rigg and AB. Other players did really well too, like Francomb, Kennedy and Goodman. If the commentators had mentioned them then they would have been in the MOTM poll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back