• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

CHEMICO FC

Manager
I would much like to see Conor Clifford back in the side. He was playing well just another player left out in the cold again.:thumbsup:

And then when he comes in ahead of jack payne u will then moan about jack not playing. You are one of the most boring posters on here and just repeat everything over and over agaim zzzz

Its a fair point, who would you drop to play him?

Deegan played Saturday, but he hasnt played much previously, so would it be Timlin or Leonard dropped?

I think hes a better player than Deegan with more prospect. Better passer of the ball great tackler.

It's Leonard that needs dropping, but Leonard is undroppable in Browns eyes.
I'd like to see Clifford in the side, but I think he needs someone like Deegan alongside him.

A midfield of Worrall, Deegan, Clifford, Timlin at Oxford? With 2 strikers up front? I think NOT - Mr Brown will prefer the security of an extra man in midfield. 1-0 to the super blues.

I think hes a better player than Deegan with more prospect. Better passer of the ball great tackler.

I wouldnt say he was a great tackler, he looks reckless to me and like he is going to get sent off.

Deegan is a far better defensive player than Clifford, but Clifford is without doubt a better player going forward and looks like Payne is preferred.

Brown: "I would say the emergence of Jack Payne is one of the main reasons for Conor not having played so many matches lately.

I'd like to see Clifford in the side, but I think he needs someone like Deegan alongside him.

A midfield of Worrall, Deegan, Clifford, Timlin at Oxford? With 2 strikers up front? I think NOT - Mr Brown will prefer the security of an extra man in midfield. 1-0 to the super blues.

Maybe, maybe not We have played 442 and 352 the last two games and prior to that were playing 4411 with Payne who offered no more security in the middle.

Maybe, maybe not We have played 442 and 352 the last two games and prior to that were playing 4411 with Payne who offered no more security in the middle.

Security in the middle is often one good defensive midfielder ahead of the back four and the others can be less effective but willing in the defensive role and better in the attacking role.

We have a number of options in midfield but they are definitely looking more and more stifled. The centre mids are a problem but that is a continuation from last season. If you look at assists, yes i know a stat, your friend White, as you said before , got 5 assists last term. So too did Coker and Hurst got 15. Apart from Timlin, who plays wide a lot anyway, there is little end creativity from the centre mids.

The trend continues this season. So far Weston and Worrall top the assists. Wide players again.

I know that assists do not show overall contribution to a game or who may have started the scoring move in the first place but for a 46 match season the centre mids 'law of average' assists count is pants.

This does not mean they are not putting the ball through but it means the ball is not put in the net from their pass. The wide mids assists are also often from cutting inside too. What it does suggest to me though is that if you stop just a couple of our players from playing well, it makes for a blank day for the team.

Yes, but I count Payne as a forward the way PB is playing him - he has very little defensive responsibility.

Yes, but I count Payne as a forward the way PB is playing him - he has very little defensive responsibility.

Thats the point I was making.

He hasnt felt he had to play more midfielders for quite a while now, we havent played 451 for ages.

Whether he wants to play Payne and two strikers is another thing (which might be what you meant?), it didnt seem to help on Saturday so might not.

Totally agree with this. Next game, Clifford in for Leonard. A spell on the bench might do him good.

I wonder if SZ's debates over his no-shows led to Brown's reposte in the Echo today?....

I wonder if SZ's debates over his no-shows led to Brown's reposte in the Echo today?....

I think you may be right, and I have to say what a complete pillock PB sounds when he makes the following statement that most people on SZ have been saying for months:

"We have six or seven really strong midfielders challenging for two or three places so some of them are going to find themselves left out."

The squad is SO unbalanced it's a joke and that is down solely to PB!!

I do agree sometimes with Tango.
Too me Leonard is one of the players you keep in the side regardless of a dip in form.
I am not the greatest Jack Payne fan, although he can weave a little magic, but gets lost in a game too often.
He is also physically taken off the ball far too often.
If Jack was rested for a few games.!!
You could put Degnan or Timlin in front of the back four.
Then the new striker or Clifford playing just behind or with Corr.
With Worrall Hurst on the wings with Leonard and Clifford or the new striker in the middle.
However those four would have to get forward more to support Bazza than we do now especially Clifford.
All four have scored goals in the past.
Rememeber Clifford's goal at Carlise.

I'm not a massive fan of Clifford's , although to be fair to him i believe Brown has played him out of position too much to give him a fair assessment..... Clifford is an attacking box to box cultured player NOT a deep holding defensive player that Brown tried him as. He can pick a pass , shoot , make good forward runs -- what he cant do particularly well is tackle , keep discipline or control deep positionally .

BUT having said all that , the last two occasssions i've seen him play away at Oxford he has probably been our outstanding player on the day,,, so if he is ever to play for us again , saturday would be a good time to give him the chance ( instead of Payne !!)

Payne is the one to be dropped for me, Worrall and Hurst wide, Timlin, Clifford and Lenny occupying the central spine.

And Brown STILL wants to extend Deegan's contract. We're so oversubscribed in the centre of the midfield it's stunning. The emergence of Payne has made things even worse in that respect

Timlin, Clifford, Atkinson, Leonard, Deegan & Payne means that even with a midfield 3, we're still leaving 3 players out!

And Brown STILL wants to extend Deegan's contract. We're so oversubscribed in the centre of the midfield it's stunning. The emergence of Payne has made things even worse in that respect

Timlin, Clifford, Atkinson, Leonard, Deegan & Payne means that even with a midfield 3, we're still leaving 3 players out!

What is wrong with that? Means we have a backup for each position and players like Timlin (LM), Atkinson (wing) and Leonard (full-back) can play in different positions. Each player brings something different to the table and play different roles.

When playing 1 up front, some were moaning that we only had 3 strikers available.

Back