• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ayrshire Blue

The Custard Splat

It'll be interesting to see how he does playing regularly.

Wonder why it is until the 7th March, seems like a random date.

Well, Martin Allen, the Barnet manager, is no fool and has a good eye for a player. I would not be surprised if Conor Clifford turns out to a very good loan signing for them.

The question is if Clifford starts performing well at Barnet under a manager who rates him will he still be given a chance at Southend by a manager who clearly does not.

If he can help Barnet get up then he'll pretty much be offered a contract I'd have thought. Allen will certainly know him and his style as he's a frequent visitor to Roots Hall. Best of luck to him.

Games I saw him play he did ok,never tore up trees but then again in those games nobody caught the eye.Barnet will be in league 2 next season so CC could well be playing against us:winking:

A shame. He always looked a decent player to me, especially in the early part of the season. Something more than what meets the eye here behind PB's decision to let him go. Still if we get promoted this season I suppose people will say it was a correct one. Good luck to Clifford though and I hope he does well at Barnet.

I think the fact that Brown said when he made him available that if there are lots of league teams coming in for him it would show he made the wrong decision would imply that he didnt expect them to and just doesnt think he is good enough.

I think it is a good move for him. Barnet are a good club and if he can force his way into the starting line-up there then it'll give him a great chance of getting a new league club at the end of the season.

Phil Brown: Conor Clifford needed to leave Southend United to kick start his career

SOUTHEND United manager Phil Brown insists the time was right for Conor Clifford to leave the club in order to kick start his career.

More...

I think its a fair move for him, I think he has something to offer...A Chelsea fan asked me about him recently as big things were hoped for of him there...I will keep a local eye on him!

Phil signed him and now deems him not good enough,funny thing on the same day Phil signed another player and gushed "he is a goal scorer" whatever happened to Craig Reid.

Phil signed him and now deems him not good enough,funny thing on the same day Phil signed another player and gushed "he is a goal scorer" whatever happened to Craig Reid.

I think Mourinho said something similar about André Schürrle. It didn't work out. And the 'goal scorer' Zaha just left Manchester United without significantly denting the first team. You don't like Brown, we get it. Apart from that, what's your point?

I think Mourinho said something similar about André Schürrle. It didn't work out. And the 'goal scorer' Zaha just left Manchester United without significantly denting the first team. You don't like Brown, we get it. Apart from that, what's your point?

Possibly Phil is a bad judge of players !

I like Phil actually as he comes across as a jovial chappy so no malice from me toward him,I just question his decisions.

Back