• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Good luck to the lad, hope he proves to Brown what a completely idiotic move this really is!

Only reason he gone to Barnet is because PB has no eye for a talented player,if he did he would be a regular in this SUFC side.
:winking:

Clearly he doesn't have your eye, which can pick out a player 15,000km away.

Personally I thought he was ****, although he improved dramatically this season to just crap.

Possibly Phil is a bad judge of players !

I like Phil actually as he comes across as a jovial chappy so no malice from me toward him,I just question his decisions.

Not every player ANY manager signs will work out.

Was Phil a bad judge of Coker? Bolger and Sokolik (first time round), giving Payne his chance? Wise up!!

Was Phil a bad judge of Coker? Bolger and Sokolik (first time round), giving Payne his chance? Wise up!!

Add Worrall, Egan and Kiernan to the list.

John White has been a good signing as well.

Still apart from all those what has the romans Phil Brown done for us.....

Reid Weston Woodrow Shaq to name just 4 haven't exactly set the world alight ?Cassidy looks ATM not up to the task either .Bolger for me is very hit and miss when he actually remains on the pitch.

Reid Weston Woodrow Shaq to name just 4 haven't exactly set the world alight ?Cassidy looks ATM not up to the task either .Bolger for me is very hit and miss when he actually remains on the pitch.

No manager gets every transfer right.

Look at some of the players Tilson paid money for. James Walker/Foran/Paynter for example. That lot cost us half a million quid.

Brown has to do it on freebies, not all of them work out.

No manager gets every transfer right.

Look at some of the players Tilson paid money for. James Walker/Foran/Paynter for example. That lot cost us half a million quid.

Brown has to do it on freebies, not all of them work out.

Bolger cost £25,000.

Woodrow has moved upwards, Weston was always more of a squad player and has usually done pretty well in that role, Shaq is a loanee and Spurs are persisting with him so something must still be right, Bolger may yet come good as age is on his side, so that leaves Reid as the only one on the list that appears to have been an error of judgement. An error that every single manager who has ever existed has made. Keep on trawling, you may be right one day.

Bolger cost £25,000.

Anderson, Massimo Taibi, Bebe, Kleberson, Djemba-Djemba. That bloke Ferguson didn't know what he was doing in the transfer market either.

We are 5th in the league and you're critical of Brown's judgement of players? Don't you remember the days of Alvin Martin, Rob Newman, Steve Wignall, where pretty much every player we signed for 5 years was just crap? I can only assume you're about 15 and have no memories to compare the current set up to.

Ha! That's England u21 and championship regular Cauley Woodrow yea?

So some want to dig out Cassidy already, whilst forgetting that we have nine points from the three starts he and Piggott [ 2 goals and a pen] have made.

Add Deegan to the list of good signings- bet he starts on Saturday.

Anderson, Massimo Taibi, Bebe, Kleberson, Djemba-Djemba. That bloke Ferguson didn't know what he was doing in the transfer market either.

We are 5th in the league and you're critical of Brown's judgement of players? Don't you remember the days of Alvin Martin, Rob Newman, Steve Wignall, where pretty much every player we signed for 5 years was just crap? I can only assume you're about 15 and have no memories to compare the current set up to.

Tony Richards!

And Dave Webb signed Kevin O'Callaghan and Francisco Cagigao.

Some you win, some you lose. That doesn't make you a bad judge of a player, it just means you make some mistakes, and are human. Not everything is black and white.

Phil signed him and now deems him not good enough,funny thing on the same day Phil signed another player and gushed "he is a goal scorer" whatever happened to Craig Reid.

To be fair to Phil, what on earth else is he supposed to say about a new signing?

"Yeah, we got him in, but to be honest he's a bit ****, I was just bored and picked a name out of a hat. He can't score goals, so we'll just put him to work making the tea."

Back