• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

We came to this Earth via an Asteroid- We are the Aliens.

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
So newish news is that asteroids are not just rocks but lumps of ice. It is now the theory that we were a rock planet once, just lava and stuff until we were hit by an asteroid made mostly from water and this how life began here.

It's a fair comment though to say we are Aliens on this planet and if one such rock could hit us billions of years ago with DNA and all the other things that contain life, it will not be a coincidence in the cosmos as we got life on this planet from somewhere else so have many others out there.

Life could not have happened here if it did not come from somewhere else.

So newish news is that asteroids are not just rocks but lumps of ice. It is now the theory that we were a rock planet once, just lava and stuff until we were hit by an asteroid made mostly from water and this how life began here.

It's a fair comment though to say we are Aliens on this planet and if one such rock could hit us billions of years ago with DNA and all the other things that contain life, it will not be a coincidence in the cosmos as we got life on this planet from somewhere else so have many others out there.

Or I can get asteroids and comets mixed up... :dim::whistling:

Intriguing though, I guess the ESA should aim to land on an asteroid next and have a wander about to see if they can find anything

Last edited:
They delved into that and proved the trails made by comets were made of water as were the trails from asteroids.
The results from Philae/Rosetta showed that the water from comets is not the water that brought life to earth but concluded that it was more likely from asteroids:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-30414519

How did that happen? I would assume that there were initially 2 sources of water and therefore higher chances of life somewhere

The results from Philae/Rosetta showed that the water from comets is not the water that brought life to earth but concluded that it was more likely from asteroids:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-30414519

How did that happen? I would assume that there were initially 2 sources of water and therefore higher chances of life somewhere

Water got here somehow however you toss the coin...it seems without much doubt now it came from an asteroid. But this is science today, maybe tomorrow they will change their minds, as do we really have any idea.. It seems feasible to me at this point though. http://www.rsc.org/chemistryworld/2...uilding-blocks-life-early-earth-dna-formamide

I will of course change my mind at the next discovery :winking:

The interest in how we got here is about equal to how the debates on politics goes these days, just think of number one and think no further.If you try to get a decent debate going..forget it,.....very sad that.

The interest in how we got here is about equal to how the debates on politics goes these days, just think of number one.....very sad that.

Im sure there are plenty of more qualified people than me looking into things like this. imagine the amount of research that can be done if some planned space missions work. being able to bring rocks back to earth and study them here would be incredible

Im sure there are plenty of more qualified people than me looking into things like this. imagine the amount of research that can be done if some planned space missions work. being able to bring rocks back to earth and study them here would be incredible

But would they contain money? :winking:

But would they contain money? :winking:
In theory...
SpaceX have nearly nailed reusable boosters which would dramatically reduce the price of getting into orbit. Get to an asteroid made of some rare earth metal bring loads back, sell it, also there does seem to be a swelling of interest in space in general after Rosetta. I expect similar effects when Dawn reaches Ceres,

In theory...
SpaceX have nearly nailed reusable boosters which would dramatically reduce the price of getting into orbit. Get to an asteroid made of some rare earth metal bring loads back, sell it, also there does seem to be a swelling of interest in space in general after Rosetta. I expect similar effects when Dawn reaches Ceres,

Good God , frightening isn't it, how much the human race has ****ed up this earth, they now want to look at which planet they can **** up next.

So, if we did evolve from matter brought through space from somewhere else, would that actually make us aliens on this planet?

Without wishing to get bogged down in semantics, presumably the life that came in the water was at its earliest formative stage (bacteria and the like) and would have grown and evolved in a way that was unique to the environment it found itself in, eventually producing us. It’s hard to conceive of life being more tied to a planet, than if its evolution into anything we could remotely recognise here took place entirely on this planet, whatever the origin of the original cells. Over the millennia, our environment would have led to us evolving in a way that was so far removed from our origins (wherever they may be), that to all intents and purposes we are entirely native to this planet.

Life could not have happened here if it did not come from somewhere else.

It has to have started somewhere though. Thats the mind blower.

Back