• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK

Life President⭐⭐
So Russia sends two military aircraft (Bombers) near to Cornwell. Mr Putin had also flown two other bombers down the English Channel two weeks ago. It's letting us know that their bombers can easily reach the whole of Great Britain. There has also been Russian warships in our waters. Now I'm not saying we are a target for Russia right now, a Superpower who we would have no chance against after all our military cutbacks, but it looks like a warning from a big and mighty bully before Russia tries to take more of the Ukraine or one of the Baltic countries. If they try to take one or more of the Baltic countries (Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia) It will be the same as the Ukraine whereby they get Russian rebels already living in that country to rise up with arms, and then send in undercover troops armed to the teeth and then deny it's anything to do with Russia.
So does it worry you that we could get dragged into all this, far beyond the sanctions and toothless threats that we are doing at the moment?

I'm thinking long term here. When we start rebuilding from the rubble there will be plenty of tipper work. :smile:

So Russia sends two military aircraft (Bombers) near to Cornwell. Mr Putin had also flown two other bombers down the English Channel two weeks ago. It's letting us know that their bombers can easily reach the whole of Great Britain. There has also been Russian warships in our waters. Now I'm not saying we are a target for Russia right now, a Superpower who we would have no chance against after all our military cutbacks, but it looks like a warning from a big and mighty bully before Russia tries to take more of the Ukraine or one of the Baltic countries. If they try to take one or more of the Baltic countries (Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia) It will be the same as the Ukraine whereby they get Russian rebels already living in that country to rise up with arms, and then send in undercover troops armed to the teeth and then deny it's anything to do with Russia.
So does it worry you that we could get dragged into all this, far beyond the sanctions and toothless threats that we are doing at the moment?

In the age of planes that can do London to California without refuelling, I think we already knew that.

The sooner Putin dies the better. We're heading back to the dark days of the cold war.

Putin is on an agenda, he wants what was the Soviet Union back...he has some cause for grief though as The West stated in the Cold war treaty we would not put weapons in the close proximity of Russia..but we did.

He is a madman and none of this is building well.....I agree he was testing UK airspace yesterday. Us as the UK will be in there whatever, (We like a war, well the politicians do) but this could escalate out of all proportion in the next few months.

Very worrying.

We have a Quick Reaction Force (QRF) fuelled and ready to deploy at short notice to divert them out of our airspace. They have often done this as reported a couple of weeks ago our Typhoons intercepted the Russian Bear aircraft out of the airspace their flight plan didn't dictate. It's not a show of force it's probably them trying to work out how quick our QRF can intercept them or where they get intercepted.

Although the cuts have massively deplited our armed forces, our QRF and what we have left are one of if not the best in the world. Don't forget we also have US Air Force bases in the UK that can also provide us support if an attack ever came to fruition.

We have a Quick Reaction Force (QRF) fuelled and ready to deploy at short notice to divert them out of our airspace. They have often done this as reported a couple of weeks ago our Typhoons intercepted the Russian Bear aircraft out of the airspace their flight plan didn't dictate. It's not a show of force it's probably them trying to work out how quick our QRF can intercept them or where they get intercepted.

Although the cuts have massively deplited our armed forces, our QRF and what we have left are one of if not the best in the world. Don't forget we also have US Air Force bases in the UK that can also provide us support if an attack ever came to fruition.

So why do they need to know this? I think it's more like them flexing their muscle. Like a underhand warning shot to stay out of their business.

So why do they need to know this? I think it's more like them flexing their muscle. Like a underhand warning shot to stay out of their business.

It's not uncommon for countries to test each other's reaction to situations like this, I wouldn't be at all surprised if we do exactly the same sort of thing.

It's not uncommon for countries to test each other's reaction to situations like this, I wouldn't be at all surprised if we do exactly the same sort of thing.

That's fair enough, but it comes at a time when they have taken The Crimea, they are trying to take the Ukraine and other countries are in the firing line. So the timing thing gets me.

That's fair enough, but it comes at a time when they have taken The Crimea, they are trying to take the Ukraine and other countries are in the firing line. So the timing thing gets me.

I wouldn't read too much into it I can think of about 3 times that reported interceptions of Russian aircraft have happened very recently.

read somewhere,that we/west/nato promised that we would not arm,help,let the Ukraine join nato..but we are going against (slowly) what we promised..so the Russians are now trying to make a bufferzone,with pro Russian people..the Yanks would not like it if say Mexico went pro Russian and they allowed them to have troops,rocket etc on their border..its only what i read !!

Trident packs a punch too,God help us.

Don't forget we also have US Air Force bases in the UK that can also provide us support if an attack ever came to fruition.

I can get a few boys together if it cuts up rough as well.

I can get seven in my people carrier.

Having played such a key role in ending the Cold War during a family holiday in Bulgaria in the mid-1980s I'm really disappointed to see how all this is going.

Back