• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

CC51DAS

President
Not sure everyone will have seen this:

Mansfield Town manager Adam Murray on Mansfield v York

"It's the lowest point of my time in charge so far. We didn't carry out any kind of game plan, we might as well have spent a week at home and done no preparation.

"We showed no bravery on the ball and none without it. Its a tough one to take and we can only apologise to the fans who came to see us.

"You're asking people to carry out responsibilities and jobs - only they can do that. I don't hold anything against people for walking out, the group deserved it today."

So on the face of it we should stroll to victory tomorrow but this has got me worrying about a backlash after their disastrous performance last week.

And Mansfield are by no means safe from relegation :(

... I was expecting to see "and even that knacker Coulthirst scored twice!"

If we do not win tomorrow then that will really be the straw that breaks the camels back for a lot of people I feel.

Anything but a win tomorrow is pitiful in my opinion, especially at this stage of the season. I harbour no hope or expectation for the play-offs, simply because of how poorly we have performed at home all season barring a couple of games. I see no reason why this will change for the run-in or for the home leg in the playoffs. The players can't handle the pressure and fans expectations when playing at Roots Hall. Yeah, really gonna cope in the lottery that is the play-offs, let alone the pressure cooker of Wembley should we by some fluke get there. Losses and draws against the so-called 'lesser' teams in the division at home fill me with nothing but dread for the play-offs. We are going NOWHERE with Brown (the muppet) at the helm.

Brown outed the team vs Burton and then we drew 0-0 with Cambridge.. It doesn't always cause a reaction.

Mansfield do have Billy Kee up top who as we saw in the playoffs is a threat.

Up here we have "East Midlands Today" on BBC after the 6pm news. Their manager's quote was featured on the programme after last week's game and they also showed the "highlights" which to be truthful showed Mansfield to be completely useless. I worried then that we might get a reaction tomorrow but they are so poor that I cannot see anything other than a convincing win for us.

Bear in mind also that this bloke is a new manager so you would have thought his players would be trying to impress?

I'm so convinced that I've already booked my train tickets!

I truly believe we are in danger of missing the play off,3 points against the Stags is minimum as the teams outside the PO hunt us down.Drawing would be an absolute disaster whilst losing the game is unthinkable .

In Phil I dont trust.

I truly believe we are in danger of missing the play off,3 points against the Stags is minimum as the teams outside the PO hunt us down.Drawing would be an absolute disaster whilst losing the game is unthinkable .

In Phil I dont trust.

Goodness that's a shock. We could never have guessed this from any of your previous posts

In Phil I dont trust.

I might have some sympathy with this post if any of the teams below us were pulling up trees to catch us. As it stands their making about as much effort as we are trying to catch those above us..

In Phil I dont trust.

As its Easter are we to look forward to your presence at the Hall. If you can stomach PB for 90mins that is.

In Phil I dont trust.

Lutons results in March
Played 6 , Lost 6.
Just for the record , that's POINTS ZERO

Yes , they really are pulling up trees to overhaul us !

Losses and draws against the so-called 'lesser' teams in the division at home fill me with nothing but dread for the play-offs. We are going NOWHERE with Brown (the muppet) at the helm.

If we're so crap at home against the "lesser" teams, and have the worst record of the top 8 against the other teams in the top eight, can you explain to me how the **** we are fifth?!?

As its Easter are we to look forward to your presence at the Hall. If you can stomach PB for 90mins that is.

My cousin lives in Mansfield and is an ardent stags fan...we are all going together but him and his wife will be viewing from the North.

I like Phil by the way.

Lutons results in March
Played 6 , Lost 6.
Just for the record , that's POINTS ZERO

Yes , they really are pulling up trees to overhaul us !

Luton,Stevenage,Northampton and even Exeter...You know one of these will go on one of those crazy runs where they win 4/5/6 on the spin.

If we're so crap at home against the "lesser" teams, and have the worst record of the top 8 against the other teams in the top eight, can you explain to me how the **** we are fifth?!?

Simple. Our away record is one of the best in the division. I'm not saying we lose every home game am I, but, I can point to games against Wimbledon, Oxford, Morecambe, Exeter, Dagenham, Accrington and Cambridge that as a promotion chasing team, we should be IMHO seeing off teams like these at home. Not to mention the late goals we have conceded in games and draws / losses we have achieved from winning positions.

I have loved going to see Southend play at home for many years, however, a fair chunk of the performances this season have nearly bored me to tears. I don't get this "They parked the bus and played for the point", the best teams find a way to break these stubborn defences down (I am aware we are not Galacticos). I am not a pessimist, I am a realist and my conclusion is that we are simply not good enough to go up this season. I think we have the players, we just don't have the manager with the experience and nouse at this level to get us over the line. End.

Back