• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Is Islam compatible with British Values

Are British and Islamic values compatable?

• Yes

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 12 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
https://yougov.co.uk/news/2015/03/30/majority-voters-doubt-islam-compatible-british-val/

Interesting stuff.

From my point of view Islam hasn't integrated as well into British society as well as we might have hoped, however with Labours illegal war etc, we actually haven't exactly helped ourselves.

And if Labour had not stood up to Tories we would be sitting pretty in Syria now I guess? But lets not forget the success of the great invasion of Libya that has worked out so well for them.

Seeing how few people attend church these days I dont think relgion per se is compatible witnhe the majority of British values

This is anecdotal so may not necessarily be true but Catholic attendances are supposedly up due to the amount of Poles attending.

Iguess it also begs the question are British values Christian ones.

Same as Christianity, so long as you accept some of what is in your Holy Book isn't compatible millennia after it was written you're fine.

And if Labour had not stood up to Tories we would be sitting pretty in Syria now I guess? But lets not forget the success of the great invasion of Libya that has worked out so well for them.

Eh?....since when did two wrongs make a right.

Invasion? What invasion was that then?

Stop splitting hairs ..invasion-intervention call it what you like it has failed big time.

Have a link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-31521282 even from your right wing BBC shock horror.

I'm not splitting hairs at all. It was a UN backed sea and air blockade which we and many other countries took part in. It was part of the so-called Arab Spring which escalated into civil war.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_military_intervention_in_Libya

Have a read up on all the others who didn't hang around to rebuild. We are not the only ones at fault here.

So at least you agree we were at fault then.

Yes I do, contrary to popular opinion I'm not a warmongering right-wing gun nut who screams 'Nuke em! at every opportunity. I'm a firm believer in looking out for our own interests and letting the rest of the world sort out their own. I truly don't give a toss about Libya but would send every plane, ship and troop to defend The Falklands or Gibraltar. If the rest of the world wants to tear themselves apart then let them get on with it.

Yes I do, contrary to popular opinion I'm not a warmongering right-wing gun nut who screams 'Nuke em! at every opportunity. I'm a firm believer in looking out for our own interests and letting the rest of the world sort out their own. I truly don't give a toss about Libya but would send every plane, ship and troop to defend The Falklands or Gibraltar. If the rest of the world wants to tear themselves apart then let them get on with it.

Sounds like a true Tory. Just change a few words and it is bang on the money. Lets do it for you.

Yes I do, contrary to popular opinion I'm not a warmongering right-wing gun nut who screams 'Nuke em! at every opportunity. I'm a firm believer in looking out for my own interests and letting the rest of the world sort out their own. I truly don't give a toss about anybody but would send every plane, ship and troop to defend my way of thinking If the rest of the world wants to tear themselves apart then let them get on with it.

billion
Sounds like a true Tory. Just change a few words and it is bang on the money.

If I was a true Tory then I wouldn't be wanting the Foreign Aid budget reduced by £9 billion would I. Fish as much as you like old man, I'm here all night and have plenty of beer.:madman:

billion

If I was a true Tory then I wouldn't be wanting the Foreign Aid budget reduced by £9 billion would I. Fish as much as you like old man, I'm here all night and have plenty of beer.:madman:

I have no need to fish you seem to dig your own hole/pond quite easily on your own. Now pass me a beer. :cheers:

I suspect Islamic values are as variable as Christian values.

You might get the odd wrong'un in there, but the overwhelming majority of Muslims have moderate views which are entirely compatible with most British views. There are idiots at the extreme of both.

I suspect Islamic values are as variable as Christian values.

You might get the odd wrong'un in there, but the overwhelming majority of Muslims have moderate views which are entirely compatible with most British views. There are idiots at the extreme of both.

Quite so. The list of atrocities perpetrated by the 'Methodist State' is a lengthy document indeed.

Back