• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Today's front page headline: "Football attack victim 'innocent' say police". Still a reference to a "football attack" when there is no suggestion the perpetrators were football fans. Rubbish, sensationalist journalism.

Still no reply from Mr Jones, but at least he has changed some of the wording. It's no longer attacked by Southend fans, so I think the penny has dropped.

Look. The guy is fighting for his life after coming to Southend to support Cambridge United. Those are the sad facts.
I think we should just all hope he somehow recovers. There really is little else of value to argue about at the moment.

That's a tired old slur that is also indecent.

Hmmmmm. Yes every one of those fans on the day had tickets, none were drunk, none turned up late and Heysel was all the Italians fault. Please don't portray them as non-contributory.

Heard an interesting article about Cambridge fans on BBC Essex yesterday morning but didn't catch the full story. Something about an older generation trying to relive the glory thug days.

Don't want to detract from the awfulness of this episode but balance often helps

Hmmmmm. Yes every one of those fans on the day had tickets, none were drunk, none turned up late and Heysel was all the Italians fault. Please don't portray them as non-contributory.

Heard an interesting article about Cambridge fans on BBC Essex yesterday morning but didn't catch the full story. Something about an older generation trying to relive the glory thug days.

Don't want to detract from the awfulness of this episode but balance often helps

Full story.................http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...youth-encourage-new-wave-soccer-violence.html

I really don't have the energy to start the debate again but I think the conclusions people come to on this say more about them than the actual circumstances at the time. Everything else has already been said again and again and again.

I really don't have the energy to start the debate again but I think the conclusions people come to on this say more about them than the actual circumstances at the time. Everything else has already been said again and again and again.

Yes. And with NO, ZERO, ZILCH evidence to say Mr Dobbin did anything more than come to football, maybe a few beers, pose for pics and stay to watch the rugby. WHY are people (without 1% evidence about Mr Dobbin) implying he was in any way causing trouble.
Not a shred of evidence.!!!!!!!!!!

Yes. And with NO, ZERO, ZILCH evidence to say Mr Dobbin did anything more than come to football, maybe a few beers, pose for pics and stay to watch the rugby. WHY are people (without 1% evidence about Mr Dobbin) implying he was in any way causing trouble.
Not a shred of evidence.!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think Mr Dobbin did anything bad at all. There are still question marks as to when the pub window went in that was done by one of his mates, but that may or may not have been after the horrendous attack, and could have started the attack if it was smashed in prior to the attack, or just in understandable anger if after the attack.

As for my email to Mr Jones, it was mainly done to stop innocent Southend fans from being attacked home or away. I can look after myself, but many can't. Southend is now on the radar of all the hoolie gangs because of the attack on Mr Dobbin. Luton could well be sending down a huge mob now, probably quite a few coming out of retirement, whereas without the bad publicity and wording of journalists like Mr Jones, it would have only been the normal Luton fans coming down. He has still not replied to my email, but he has stopped saying that Mr Dobbin was attacked by Southend fans, and now says he was attacked by a group of men. Unfortunately, the damage has been done.

All I will say is that there is talk now about the evidence of the CCTV......and when that comes out it will no doubt make a big discussion point.

'Kevinhogg' is right. I've seen the pics and they are NOT of a trouble-maker. You only need to look at the fellas next to him in the photo to see that and the CUFC forum clearly backs him 100%. That said, even if he was some nutcase, no-one should be where he is right now..period!

This thread was started by 'seventies' because of an appalling piece of journalism, which he hasn't even had the decency of a reply, which is nothing short of disgraceful.

The clear evidence was that the police were called to "break up a fight using CS Spray that involved 15 people" which could have been 7 or so from Cambridge. Mr Dobbin could have been walking back to the station with a group of guys who were out for trouble and just got caught up with them and was the innocent victim.

None of this we know, but what is true is that criminal damage was caused to the pub and it seems odd that this was after the incident involving Mr Dobbin, when the police had, it seemed, possibly already reached the scene.

All in All, none of us know what happened. Only the people there do and as it's a criminal investigation, their views won't be public.

So with all that uncertainty and with a man's life in the balance, the Echo allow the sort of nonsense written in that article!

All people ever want in life is justice and the truth, especially something as serious as this.

'Kevinhogg' is right. I've seen the pics and they are NOT of a trouble-maker. You only need to look at the fellas next to him in the photo to see that and the CUFC forum clearly backs him 100%.

What does a trouble maker look like .

Fair question, but I would back my judgment and that of the "respectable" CUFC forum.

Back