• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Piggott's goal, in terms of sheer, unexpected jubilation, is the greatest moment I've experienced in 25 years of supporting Southend. I had made the comment, minutes before, that we could play until midnight and not score, so do do that AT WEMBLEY, and go on to win is just incredible.

Yes totally this. Never ever expected a goal. The relief and excitement just blew me away

The most physically and mentally draining game I have been to in all my time 40+ years of watching the blues,without all the lows would I have ever experienced the high of yesterday.Who needs drugs!.Even the walk back out of the stadium was something I will never forget for the atmosphere.A truly incredible day

Couldn't have typed that any better, I felt exactly the same

What makes it so special for me is that I introduced my son to Southend, he loves them to bits and for him to be with me yesterday to witness that game and for me to see the joy on his face when Pigott scored and when Bentley saved the last penalty to send us to L1 will live with me forever. He has explained to my wife and daughter how much it all meant with the enthusiasm I never thought he would have

One proud and happy Dad today.

Can't add to the above comments except to add my congratulations to the team - makes all those freezing nights at Roots Hall worthwhile. Gutted I couldn't be at Wembley in 2013, elated that we were there yesterday for possibly the most dramatic play off final in the history of football! :winking: Roll on next season in League 1!:loyalsupporter:

Totally drained...

Never in 40+ years of following SUFC have I gone through so many emotions in such a short space of time. One minute I looked up at the clock and saw time was up, the next I had my 22 year old son on my back where he had leapt from a seat, closely followed by hordes of others in scenes of utter jubilation.

This was for all of you no longer with us, I bet heaven was rocking!

What makes it so special for me is that I introduced my son to Southend, he loves them to bits and for him to be with me yesterday to witness that game and for me to see the joy on his face when Pigott scored and when Bentley saved the last penalty to send us to L1 will live with me forever. He has explained to my wife and daughter how much it all meant with the enthusiasm I never thought he would have

Let him join the Zone then we would have at least one sensible "webbsbrain" family member on here. :smile:

The fans gave it everything for the whole game and the players responded. Everyone should be proud of themselves. We now have our own yellow wall!

When Pigott scored I just cried. I was overwhelmed.

UTB

my normally grumpy teenager was jumping up and down telling me things that made us both cry..... Never a happy moment at football....

Simply amazing, thought I was going to pass out several times from screaming and shouting so much I went dizzy! I must apologise to those around me for the language at times but boy, what a game!

My first SUFC game was against Chelsea in 1972. Saw a lot during the late 70's and 80's until I moved away from the area. Although I returned I didn't become a season ticket holder until we got demoted 5 years ago. I then bought a season ticket for myself and my then 9 year old son. One of the reasons was to have some firm 'father and son' time but I also felt then it was good timing as hopefully my son would then experience the team going right from the bottom to the top. He is 14 next week, a mad Southend fan and has just described yesterday on his facebook page as "the best day of my life". I think you would call that job done!!:clap:

What a day, simply the best day in my 50 years as a Shrimper. Wore my yellow Hi Tec shirt that Peter Butler had given me at the end of the Bury promotion season, I thought that day at Bury would never be surpassed, I think I had consumed rather too much alcohol on that trip to remember much about that game, obviously Benjis goal is etched in my memory though!
But yesterday, after only a couple of sherbets in the Green Man, I could take in the whole roller coaster of emotions, feeling so low and angry as we went into injury time in the 121st minute, thinking why don't we ever get the chance to celebrate like the Wycombe fans, then pow, Pigott scores, cue to go mental, what a feeling, heart attack alert, headache, cuddling everyone, my other half jumping into my arms, what a great feeling, lets hope its not another 25 years before the Blues give me that buzz again.
Just want to add, the atmosphere especially during the second half was exceptional, total opposite to the Crewe final, singing our hearts out, a pat on the back to all you Super Shrimpers, I can hardly talk today, I sang myself hoarse!! :smile:

Back