• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Floval Flyer

Licensed to ill⭐
As I sat in the upper tier, 233 I wasn't able to get one of the Yellow SUFC scarves, does anyone know if there are more available or maybe you even had a spare one? Happy to pay for it

Thanks

Would love one of those as well, maybe the person that donated them can make some for sale with the permission of the club?.

I managed to find Mcnasty and his brother in law 2 ..Kerry (Lord Football) nicked mine.. :gun:

Top job to whoever donated them. 3,000 scarves ain't going to come cheap. I think the club shop should do scarves in both the home and away colours. Behind the goal looked great when everyone was waving them, a great sea of yellow

I was also slightly disappointed not to get a scarf and would have loved one

I couldn't beleive there was nothing yellow on sale outside the ground or in the shops inside. I ended up buying a blue one to wave but it didn't seem right. The 3,000 scaffs being twirled around in unison in the bootom tier is an image i will never forget and im sure helped to bring together the masses in that area and help create an attmosphere that must have spurned the players on, and been their twelve man. Master stroke by whoever was reponsible.

Definitely going to be good demand to buy some and makes total sense to have some scarves in the away colours. I'd buy one.

I thought the whole idea of having completely different colours for the away strip was a commercial one by clubs to sell more hats scarfs etc....so why was the club shop so devoid of anything ? If its not going to stock the away colours in ample numbers why don't we just play in a variation of blue and white home and away. All blue at home ...all white away and mix and match the shorts and socks when we need to.

Looks like the vultures are cashing in on the yellow scarves already;

ebay seller based in Notts is selling 3 yellow / 3 blue scarves with ticket stubs...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love to see any video clips , footage or photos of the scarf twirling or of when just about the WHOLE of our end was bouncing and chanting as one ....
Also I'm sure the generous benefactor that donated the scarves will make sure there are some more along with hats etc for sale in the Club shop next season ����

Had a feeling that some little ***** would scoop up as many of the scarves places on people's seats as possible - confirmed when 7 of us took our places in Block 132, to find not one scarf in our midst. Shameful.

Looks like the vultures are cashing in on the yellow scarves already;

ebay seller based in Notts is selling 3 yellow / 3 blue scarves with ticket stubs...

to be honest I hope he gets xxxxxed around. Clearly isn't a proper fan or else he would not be selling the stuff. What annoys me is how many scarfs were 'borrowed'. I was at the back of 133 and no one anywhere near me had a scarf- maybe they ran out before getting that far back?. Although wrong to liberate them I can understand and accept that. I do find it hard to accept that someone that was meant for 'real fans' has ended up being put for sale immediately and is making a profit from it . I appreciate he can do what he likes with it- but I do find it annoying all the same.

Fair play to however organised this , it was a brilliant idea.

Same for us. We had 5 seats and only 1 scarf, a good 40 minutes before kick off, and lots missing around us as well. Pretty miffed, as someone went out of their way to donate these, so it is pretty despicable if they were collected up and are now for sale.

to be honest I hope he gets xxxxxed around. Clearly isn't a proper fan or else he would not be selling the stuff. What annoys me is how many scarfs were 'borrowed'. I was at the back of 133 and no one anywhere near me had a scarf- maybe they ran out before getting that far back?. Although wrong to liberate them I can understand and accept that. I do find it hard to accept that someone that was meant for 'real fans' has ended up being put for sale immediately and is making a profit from it . I appreciate he can do what he likes with it- but I do find it annoying all the same.

Fair play to however organised this , it was a brilliant idea.

If someone was taking them from other seats that's bang out of order!

Anyone know now who the mystery benefactor of the scarves was? They deserve a big thanks from the real supporters, but would like to ask if they have a few spares - as I want one :smile:

I was in Block 132 (TZ) but scarves weren't laid out on our seats. I did go and pinch a couple from seats below to be honest, there was no way I was missing out on a piece of history like that. I waved it when the team came out and wore it with pride from start to finish

We got in about an hour before, and were in the tier above. At that time, the scarves were clearly draped on as many of the seat backs as we could see in the 4 blocks mentioned. You could then see people coming along (one a bloke, carrying a little girl) and scooping them up. People on here have already admitted they took them, for whatever reason. Unfortunately, you will always get scumbags who take advantage of situations like this, however, at least none of our supporters were as bad as that lowlife Preston woman who prised Beckford's top out of that child's hands yesterday! Utterly disgraceful. :angry:

Back