• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

shrimperton

Manager
Heard a rumour that Nicky Maynard is a possible target for us, would have thought wages may be a stumbling for us but this guy does need to kick start his career after not playing loads of games since 2012........................ just a rumour I heard but it was from someone close to our very own AB....... anyone else heard this???

No heard anything about this, but if we were to pull it off could be a great signing. Having said that I agree that wages could well be prohibitive.

If we're looking at Maynard then you have to take your hat off to Brown on going for top quality additions this summer that potentially could push the club further. I'd be shocked if this was the case however, Maynard is still young enough to be able to command a high wage and I'd be surprised to see him drop to L1.

Hunt's a great signing, but Maynard would be a sensational coup at this level. I was certain he was off to Forest.

He was on trial at Forest and they said no to him.

Suffered a bad knee injury back in 2012 which put him out for 8 months. In the same boat as Hunt, played in the Championship last season for a club where he wasn't going to be a starter. Made 14 appearances last season and 28 the season before (most of them on loan at Wigan). Still only 28 years old, but that doesn't matter if his knees can't handle it.

What a signing that would be! Hunt, Mooney, Pig , Maynard would be a pretty impressive pool of strikers to pick from.

If we're looking at Maynard then you have to take your hat off to Brown on going for top quality additions this summer that potentially could push the club further. I'd be shocked if this was the case however, Maynard is still young enough to be able to command a high wage and I'd be surprised to see him drop to L1.

6 goals in 38 appearences since 2012 would suggest he is injury prone & the bigger clubs are wary to stay away, may help him to come here for a season, stay fit & grab a few goals......................you never know.....

I'd guess this would be totally dependent on us selling Bentley to fund the wages. Ambitious and unlikely but wouldn't rule it out completely. Certainly wouldn't surprise me to see him in league one next season

Given that we've offered better contracts to key players, have signed quality players in Wordsworth and Mooney, seem to have signed Hunt, I reckon he's already been sold.

:whistling:

I heard sat he was gone, from a usually very reliable source. Only a matter of time and getting the best deal I reckon, but football has shocked me many times before so until it's official.......

If it was a choice between Maynard and piggott then I'd take Maynard all day long. Got to worth a chance given his record before suffering injuries and as they say, form is temporary, class is permanant, I can't see us being able to offer more then other teams who would be interested though.

I heard sat he was gone, from a usually very reliable source. Only a matter of time and getting the best deal I reckon, but football has shocked me many times before so until it's official.......

exactly this . Over the years there have been lots of 100% nailed on transfers out that didn't happen . We have signed players that some have said we would never sign, and we have had players come back from injury who were never going to play again. People tend to deal in black and white when the truth is that things can change very quickly and until something is official- whether yes or no then there is still hope of happening/not happening whatever the case may be

Even if Bentley does go, we should look to keep the wage structure as sustainable as possible in the long run given we are already loss-making. Don't want to be in a situation where we have to make big cuts to the wage bill in a season or two sending us straight back down.

Back