• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Big Bad Barry Corr

First XI⭐
Seeing loads of other clubs announcing their squad numbers for the season but just a few days before the season nothing from Southend yet or have I missed this somewhere along the line?

Something was tweeted about:
4 WORDSWORTH
9 MOONEY
10 PAYNE
16 HUNT

Otherwise, no change.

Thank you Jarriss. Needless to say, nothing has been put on the website but then again communication has never been SUFC's strongpoint has it? :nope:

They all had squad numbers and names in the back of their shirts in the orient game. from what I remember, most have stayed the same as last season which the exception of Payne changing to 10. Mooney was 9 and Hunt had 16 IIRC. Can't remeber Wordsworth.

They all had squad numbers and names in the back of their shirts in the orient game. from what I remember, most have stayed the same as last season which the exception of Payne changing to 10. Mooney was 9 and Hunt had 16 IIRC. Can't remeber Wordsworth.

He was the one who wandered lonely as a cloud mate.

Orient was the first pre season game I have missed so didn't see that unfortunately Trucking Shrimper. Just wondered why the club could not have announced this via the website or in the Echo? Normally some of the youth players get a number and it would be nice to see if this has happened for this season also.

Team photo would be nice at some stage also:omg:

They don't like to rush this to ensure it is as up to date as possible.

As to squad numbers, the shirts they wore on Sunday were all named up so pretty much as per post #2 above. Only thing of note is that Payne is taking #10.

Orient was the first pre season game I have missed so didn't see that unfortunately Trucking Shrimper. Just wondered why the club could not have announced this via the website or in the Echo? Normally some of the youth players get a number and it would be nice to see if this has happened for this season also.

This appears to give the squad numbers with the exception of Mooney.

http://www.southendunited.co.uk/team/

David Mooney told me at Meet The Blues that he would be wearing the number 9 shirt this season. Thank you for the link Rootshallbloke but this is not up to date showing Payne with 18 and Wordsworth and Mooney without a number. It is hardly much of an ask for the club just to give us an update of this is it?

David Mooney told me at Meet The Blues that he would be wearing the number 9 shirt this season. Thank you for the link Rootshallbloke but this is not up to date showing Payne with 18 and Wordsworth and Mooney without a number. It is hardly much of an ask for the club just to give us an update of this is it?
Does it really matter? We all know the numbers anyway.

Can we all read far too much into the fact that Bentley was given the number 1 shirt meaning he's almost definitely staying? :smile:

Actually yes it does. It is called keeping the fans informed. If other clubs can do it, why can't Southend?
It's hardly important and urgent for the club to release squad numbers that everybody already knows. When the club posts a picture on Twitter of the starting line up (which they've done for most pre season games) it has the squad numbers so is that not informing the fans?

****ing hell....are people actually moaning about not knowing squad numbers? Unbelievably sad

The only change is Payne who has taken number 10. The new boys have all taken vacant numbers. Wordsworth 4, Mooney 9, Hunt 16.

Back