• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

manor15

Super Moderator⭐⭐
Staff member

A couple of strange decisions (Atkinson for Timlin, Hurst for Worrall). But a very strong bench.

CP says Brown says it's 4-4-2 with Atkinson and Hurst wide and Weston alongside Mooney. Very odd, would assume Timlin and/or Worrall have knocks or something.

No great loss and if we sign Garven I can't see him getting much time unless we get lots of injuries.

You respond to the wrong post?

I assume you are talking about Deegan?

If we were to sign Garven then that wont affect Deegan, they play different positions. Deegan was never going to be a regular starter, he will be brought in as and when we need more beard steel in the midfield.

still can't see us signing Garvan, he's quality.

Pretty sure he'd be with a bigger/higher club and not training with us if he was out of our reach.....

Back onto the starting line-up and it's a bit odd for me, not what I would have gone for. Atkinson isn't a winger and Hurst hasn't set the world alight over the past year so can't see us providing much of a threat down the wings. I'd ave thought Worrall and Weston wide and Mooney/Hunt up top, but we'll see how it unfolds

Pretty sure he'd be with a bigger/higher club and not training with us if he was out of our reach.....

Back onto the starting line-up and it's a bit odd for me, not what I would have gone for. Atkinson isn't a winger and Hurst hasn't set the world alight over the past year so can't see us providing much of a threat down the wings. I'd ave thought Worrall and Weston wide and Mooney/Hunt up top, but we'll see how it unfolds

In brown we trust! :winking: there are methods to his madness.

Team news: How Southend United will be lining up at Fleetwood Town

SOUTHEND United manager Phil Brown has sprung a few surprises in his starting line-up for the opening game of the League One season at Fleetwood Town this afternoon.

More...

Surprised hurst in and timlin on bench, also I'd start with hunt

Back