• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Poor header to lose from Bolger and Prosser was slow to cover behind. Piggy did look miles offside for the 2nd though :smile:

Well taken poacher's goals by the Pig but their goal was a disappointing one to concede. Cokes was furious!

Last edited:
Probably as it deflected up of a Crewe player who than touched it last the linesman may have given pig the benefit of the doubt :pig:

Pig is offside for the second but fair play to him for the quick reaction. The linesman couldn't have seen the touch from Lenny!

Very poor goal to concede. Now, I'm not having a dig at Bentley, he's obviously a very talented keeper and he doesn't get beaten very often but a lot of the times he does get beaten its when the ball has been squeezed under him.

Yeah that wasn't great from prosser. Like he was stuck in 2nd gear!

Some great saves from Bentley too.

To be fair he was on a yellow so guess he had to be a bit careful re tackling the lad, but a bit more effort would have been appreciated im sure

Yeah that wasn't great from prosser. Like he was stuck in 2nd gear!

Some great saves from Bentley too.
Prosser was a doubt with a thigh injury beforehand. Looking at the highlights it didn't look like he was running naturally at all. Perhaps he shouldn't have played if it aggravated the injury although thankfully it didn't cost us.

For their goal Bolger has called for the ball and got no where near it, when calling for that he should go through everything including deegan I think it was, he should no that more than anyone, still we won the game eh:smile:

Probably as it deflected up of a Crewe player who than touched it last the linesman may have given pig the benefit of the doubt :pig:

That would be true if in fact that happened but i'm pretty sure it deflected up off a Southend player (Lenny) therefore leaving piggy way offside....happy days...

Very poor goal to concede. Now, I'm not having a dig at Bentley, he's obviously a very talented keeper and he doesn't get beaten very often but a lot of the times he does get beaten its when the ball has been squeezed under him.

They can often be the hardest to get to be fair, if it's slightly away from you on the floor and travelling at a good pace they can be harder to get to than the ones that allow you a full stretch save, just as it's a less natural movement - if you get what I'm trying to say? Put a ball a meter away from you and dive on it and then put it 1.5m away - I bet you get to the 1.5m one slightly quicker.

He obviously thought a Crewe player, we all know how blind these officials are :whistling:

Am I the only one that watched that and doesn't know if Pigott was offside or not? Everyone else seems to be sure he was. I can't tell. You can hardly see Pigott in the picture when the ball comes in off Lenny. in fact, you can only just see his shadow, and can't see their number 2 at all.

Am I the only one that watched that and doesn't know if Pigott was offside or not? Everyone else seems to be sure he was. I can't tell. You can hardly see Pigott in the picture when the ball comes in off Lenny. in fact, you can only just see his shadow, and can't see their number 2 at all.
I'm not sure either, although I did think he was offside at the time. We'll take the benefit of the doubt on this one though!

Off course you're not. Impossible to tell.

Anyone who is stating he is offside on the basis of that clip can only be guessing.

I'm not sure either, although I did think he was offside at the time. We'll take the benefit of the doubt on this one though!

Off course you're not. Impossible to tell.

Anyone who is stating he is offside on the basis of that clip can only be guessing.

When statisticians examine records of this match years from now, nowhere will it state that Pigott scored but it was really offside. If the ref didn't give it, it wasn't offside, simple.

Back