• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Prosser was a doubt with a thigh injury beforehand. Looking at the highlights it didn't look like he was running naturally at all. Perhaps he shouldn't have played if it aggravated the injury although thankfully it didn't cost us.

That is just his normal speed.

Looks like they missed a handball when Mooney shot in the first minute.

Am I the only one that watched that and doesn't know if Pigott was offside or not? Everyone else seems to be sure he was. I can't tell. You can hardly see Pigott in the picture when the ball comes in off Lenny. in fact, you can only just see his shadow, and can't see their number 2 at all.
No I agree, but it was not offside unless the officials say so and they didn't.
These things level out over a season anyway.

You can see that the Pig was worried that the linesman was going to flag offside, he looks across quickly, twice, before he's certain he can celebrate! Well done for being in the (almost) right place at the right time though.

Also, who'd expect that renowned footballing side Crewe to score from a classic Route One move.....?

Hear hear - 'armpit shots' are the shots all us keepers dread, if you think about it, it is the last part of your body you can get down to the ground....

We needed the slice of luck coming our way, I am glad Pigs 2nd goal stand, if we stayed up by 1 point, I would thank to the lineman at Crewe!

Piggott was definitely onside whenthe ball was struck - and when it was deflected.

Being a good player he was mobile and on the front foot and reacted the quickest by a long way while the defenders were rooted to the spot....

I am a really boring person so will mention again that on saturday I had to listen to a non stop stream of ignorant vitriol and vile abuse being directed at this young man by so called supporters ...... things like

"You are #ucking useless Piggott"

"~uck off Piggott you useless -unt"

"Go back to Charlton you useless @unt"

Where are they now ?

Piggott was definitely onside whenthe ball was struck - and when it was deflected.

Being a good player he was mobile and on the front foot and reacted the quickest by a long way while the defenders were rooted to the spot....

I am a really boring person so will mention again that on saturday I had to listen to a non stop stream of ignorant vitriol and vile abuse being directed at this young man by so called supporters ...... things like

"You are #ucking useless Piggott"

"~uck off Piggott you useless -unt"

"Go back to Charlton you useless @unt"

Where are they now ?

Not saying it's right to shoout at players but he was useless on Saturday though

Am I the only one that watched that and doesn't know if Pigott was offside or not? Everyone else seems to be sure he was. I can't tell. You can hardly see Pigott in the picture when the ball comes in off Lenny. in fact, you can only just see his shadow, and can't see their number 2 at all.

You can see when the ball came off Lenny the camera then moves and within a fraction of a second you see piggy 2 or 3 yards forward of the last man, yes we are guessing I'm also guessing that piggy ain't that quick...

When statisticians examine records of this match years from now, nowhere will it state that Pigott scored but it was really offside. If the ref didn't give it, it wasn't offside, simple.

Good god man what has facts got to do with shrimperszone...., not mention what sort of sad statistician is gonna examine the records of Crewe v Southend in years to come....:winking:

Good god man what has facts got to do with shrimperszone...., not mention what sort of sad statistician is gonna examine the records of Crewe v Southend in years to come....:winking:

I never fail to be amazed at posters on here who trot out stats of SUFC games of years ago when challenged on matters of opinion or fact (it happens occasionally!). So it definitely could happen and, trust me, offside won't be mentioned. You know I'm right:smiles:

Not saying it's right to shoout at players but he was useless on Saturday though

Whilst he wears our beloved colours we must support him. That goal at Wembley gives him a lot of brownie points.

Christ he could sign for life for that moment of magic.

I am sad that I will never regain that feeling when the ball nestled in the back of the net.

49 years of misery and waiting all rolled into one moment of ecstasy.

He's good for me.

I never fail to be amazed at posters on here who trot out stats of SUFC games of years ago when challenged on matters of opinion or fact (it happens occasionally!). So it definitely could happen and, trust me, offside won't be mentioned. You know I'm right:smiles:

Sticking diary note in for 2025:smile:

Back