• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jam_Man

Life President
Back in the day Fifa was awful and Pro Evo the better game. Pro Evo then seemed to get bogged down and Fifa came on leaps and bounds to take the crown. The games were better and the polished presentation was miles better and Ive had Fifa every year for some time.

However Ive not yet played FIFA 16 but I have got PES 16 through dubious means and I was quite impressed with it. The gameplay in the match seems in some ways to be better, crossing the ball nd through etc seems better than FIFA.

Presentation wise and lack of licensing still suck big time in PES16 though and outside of the match engine Fifa looks miles ahead.

Reading reviews some seem to think PES is better this year than Fifa?

Anyone else managed to tear themselves away from Fifa to try?

PES 15 was a lot better than FIFA 15 on the PS3, no idea if it's the same this year.

Pro Evo has never been better than FIFA

Woah! Easy. FIFA has been the better game since the first year of the PS3 but for the 12 years before it there was only one winner.

A few friends are trying to tempt me back to Pro Evo this year but FIFA has Clubs so I'll be sticking with FIFA.

I remember getting the 98 World Cup edition of FIFa and that was the last one I bought for years as it was terrible.

Fifa did sort their game out though and PES seemed to go downhill, but they have improved it by the look of it.

The presentation etc in PES really is poor however. I know FIFA have the money for licensing but the interface and menus in PES is rubbish and theres no reason for how it looks outside of matches.

As an example, you cant change resolution in game, you have to load a stand alone app to do so. Absurd.

The match engine though I think edges it, but probably not enough to give up all the extras FIFA brings.

I've got both on PS4 and have to say I prefer FIFA. Whilst PES is great, FIFA edges it for me, it always has.
Why would you want both?

FIFA's licensing gives it the edge for me, from what I've heard this year PES has the better gameplay but FIFA is the more enjoyable to play with the different modes etc that PES lacks.

PES was brilliant on the Playstation 1. They didnt have the license to the players names so would subtlely change the surnames eg Robert Larcos, David Backhim. The master league players became cult heroes in my student halls- Miranda, Cellini, Espinas, Cecil.

yep! they had one in Peter Pans under the slide.

Id completely forgotten that game, used to love that one!

PES was brilliant on the Playstation 1. They didnt have the license to the players names so would subtlely change the surnames eg Robert Larcos, David Backhim. The master league players became cult heroes in my student halls- Miranda, Cellini, Espinas, Cecil.

Even now Arsenal are North London Club etc, although players names are real.

The programmers who create control (through ball, dash, dribble & playing like real football etc) left for EA in 2007, then slowly FIFA 2009 to upward starting to play like Pro Evo of PS2! Since FIFA 2009, I bought them every year.

I got Fifa 16, the reason I choose them? It's simple, they have Southend Utd :winking: I always play SUFC on Fifa online & thrashing any Spanish 2nd Div & Series B side!

I enjoyed PES 15 a lot but the keepers in PES 16 are abysmal and it's a real deal breaker seeing them dive out of the way of pearollers. Supposed to be a patch from Konami at the end of the month but I won't hold my breath.

I've installed an unofficial mod that takes care of kits and licensing but a lot of the transfers are still missing.

Around these parts, because it's an Asian market Konami have got it sewn up in the popularity stakes. All of the local arcades at the malls have coin operated PS2s where you can play a hacked version of PES5/6 that has been modded for this seasons teams and players.

Back