• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Chalky

Coach
Nathan Ferguson of Grays Athletic has been attracting a lot of attention lately by a lot of football league clubs. He is a midfielder who's performances are not going unnoticed. But what surprises me is that why aren't we being linked with him? Since Grays are a local side and now we have an u21 squad your allowed to sign players for the u21 team. All these clubs quite some distance away that are in for him and he's right on our doorstep... Anyway lots of good things being said about and worth having a look.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...erguson-non-league-outfit-Grays-Athletic.html

http://www.burtonmail.co.uk/Burton-...idfield-star/story-27941599-detail/story.html

Grays Athletic midfielder Nathan Ferguson receives attention from ...

it does annoy me when other teams seem to do so well out of non-league, especially Daggers and Peterborough. I think we should really keep a close eye on all football in Essex to try to get the best non-league talent when we can

To be honest, I assume this guy is good enough not to want to go in our U21's and we have too many midfielders, so is it not possible we just dont need someone in that position?

Interesting, James Stevens plays for them and think he is playing for us in the FA sunday cup on sunday, I'll ask his opinion.

There is also the case that our targets are occasionally covert so as not to broadcast to all and sundry who we're after. Chris therefore may not know anything either.

it does annoy me when other teams seem to do so well out of non-league, especially Daggers and Peterborough. I think we should really keep a close eye on all football in Essex to try to get the best non-league talent when we can

Like Isaac Layne?

Could be off to fleetwood, we are always late on these situations regarding local talent:omg:

Last season or the season before, didn't we have the same discussion about Alex Read from Harlow Town? He was banging in 40-50+ a season.

Last season or the season before, didn't we have the same discussion about Alex Read from Harlow Town? He was banging in 40-50+ a season.

We dont want a cheap player who bangs them in for fun and will play the majority of games.

But where is he now? I presume still Harlow?

Yep with 14 so far this season, 42 last season and 52 the season before. Everyone I've spoken to at that level reckons he's not good enough to be pro despite that record, which might explain why nobody has picked him up

We dont want a cheap player who bangs them in for fun and will play the majority of games.

We need someone to score at League One level not against VCD Athletic.

Alex Read bangs them in for fun, yet no league club has signed him, not even league Two. Not even Conference level.

We need someone to score at League One level not against VCD Athletic.

Alex Read bangs them in for fun, yet no league club has signed him, not even league Two. Not even Conference level.

We never take a chance though,Williams cannot do anymore yet cannot get near the first team,Hunt is decent but oh my god that particular gamble(long line of signing these type of guys)looks to being another farce.

Like Isaac Layne?

Granted, They don't always workout but...Freddy Eastwood, Ryan Hall, Sean Clohessy, Michael Kightly, Gary Hooper, Steve Tilson, Darryl Flahavan, Simon Royce, Tes Bramble, Mitchell Cole, Mark Bentley and Ben Coker all came from Non-league.

Back