• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Best place to buy fireworks of dubious legality

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
I have been invited to a BYO firework display which is quite clearly going to turn into a p1ssing contest between the adult males.

Can anyone recommend an establishment that sells fireworks of almost unimaginable power at surprising low prices? None of this Standard/Black Cat crap that newsagents sell to kids when they are buying cigarettes.

I'd imagine one of these pop-up shops that spring up around now. Me, I'd ban the ****ing things for all but licenced displays.

I'd imagine one of these pop-up shops that spring up around now. Me, I'd ban the ****ing things for all but licenced displays.

Far be it for me to **** on your bonfire and much as it pains me to agree with MK I've hated fireworks with a vengeance since I was a kid and every year was a big family gathering (and I mean big!). These days I can just about live with official displays but I've never seen the attraction. I did see an impressive clip recently where someone developed a fireworks ladder. I will see if I can dig it out because it is incredible.

Found it http://youtu.be/rLVQtaZQdR4 get that Cyril and you'll win the chest thumping

Far be it for me to **** on your bonfire and much as it pains me to agree with MK as he's always on the money and I really do love The Beatles but I'm too scared to admit it I've hated fireworks with a vengeance since I was a kid and every year was a big family gathering (and I mean big!). These days I can just about live with official displays but I've never seen the attraction. I did see an impressive clip recently where someone developed a fireworks ladder. I will see if I can dig it out because it is incredible.

Found it http://youtu.be/rLVQtaZQdR4 get that Cyril and you'll win the chest thumping

So true ORM.

There is usually a pop up container unit that springs up next to the brookside cafe on London road in Rayleigh by the carpenters arms around about - he is you man

There's a old building just after Southend Road mini roundabout, Corringham that flogs some proper game changers. Beware of the rockets though, last year, one dog legged at ten foot and almost took the neighbours house out. Think Lord of the Rings and Gandauf's display.

Thanks for the advice.

Turns out my plans have changed and we are going to a bonfire party with no fireworks.

There will be several children there so that us fair enough and I am sure I can rely on the affluent beyond their obvious means of income residents of South Benfleet to light up the night.

I have been invited to a BYO firework display which is quite clearly going to turn into a p1ssing contest between the adult males.

Can anyone recommend an establishment that sells fireworks of almost unimaginable power at surprising low prices? None of this Standard/Black Cat crap that newsagents sell to kids when they are buying cigarettes.

The shop fireworks can be fun, I use to love strapping the launch tube to my arm and fireing rockets into the fence. My dad didn't like the holes in the fence though

The shop fireworks can be fun, I use to love strapping the launch tube to my arm and fireing rockets into the fence. My dad didn't like the holes in the fence though

Aluminium scaffolding pipe with something stuffed down the end of it, or batter the end closed with hammer, light rocket and drop down tube and hold pipe on your shoulder like a bazooka. Makes a great noise as it fires and is loads of fun . Probably best not to combine with beer. I recall many year ago hitting my car. The next day it wouldn't start - not impressed as it was a brand new XR3i (showing my age) . The AA came down . Turned out some trip switch had been activated that was designed to go off in an accident to close down the fuel supply

Aluminium scaffolding pipe with something stuffed down the end of it, or batter the end closed with hammer, light rocket and drop down tube and hold pipe on your shoulder like a bazooka. Makes a great noise as it fires and is loads of fun . Probably best not to combine with beer. I recall many year ago hitting my car. The next day it wouldn't start - not impressed as it was a brand new XR3i (showing my age) . The AA came down . Turned out some trip switch had been activated that was designed to go off in an accident to close down the fuel supply

as long as it was black with the red trim I'll let you off about the age thing ;)

I've always loved fireworks in the garden but after a bad experience last year round a friends which ended up like being in Basra , I am giving home fireworks a swerve at the mo. I think displays at schools are rather sterile, but I have to think of the safety of my kids

Back