• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Chalky

Coach
Just wondering what website/apps you shrimpers use? Like, what ones can you not live with out. Ones you use every day.
Interested, as I might find a new website to use or a useful app to download.

I will kick things off with Twitter, I use twitter daily and pretty much throughout the whole day, can not live without:unsure:.
Also I have the PayPal app on my phone which is very helpful, makes switching money over and paying for things so much simpler and easier. Lastly, Also on here the beloved shrimperzone. What would i do with out it:winking:.

Over to you, what ones you need and use for every day life?

As a professional football trader the three apps I cannot possibly be without are Futbol24, Betfair (for trading) and Bet365 (for in-play stats) - absolutely essential to me. Those are the only three I use in terms of football, although I do keep FlashScores as a back-up for Bet365 in case a particular game doesn't have a stats feed.

Facebook, Twitter (though not much), BBC, Guardian, some dodgy film & TV streaming websites and this. Pretty much sums up my Internet life.

As a professional football trader the three apps I cannot possibly be without are Futbol24, Betfair (for trading) and Bet365 (for in-play stats) - absolutely essential to me. Those are the only three I use in terms of football, although I do keep FlashScores as a back-up for Bet365 in case a particular game doesn't have a stats feed.

What is a professional football trader?

A gambler?

What is a professional football trader?

A gambler?

Kind of. It's taking advantage of prices that are massively skewed in your favour based on both current season statistics and 10-year statistics in leagues all over the world. I run a subscription service (£10 per month) on a website called GoalProfits. Its sister site ValueFootballBetting houses a very sophisticated database and integrates prices with Betfair so that I can see where the value is for the 3 strategies I use to make my selections. From there its a case of going through everything with a fine tooth comb - current form, head-to-head records, team news etc. The 3 strategies I use are:

* Value Bets (using markets like Match Odds, Both To Score, Over 2.5 Goals, Draw No Bet etc).
* SHG (Second Half Goal) - I identify matches that statistically will have a second half goal 90% of the time or higher and I back for at least one goal in the second half.
* £10 to £50 Challenge - here I use compounding to start with £10 (this is the representative stake on site but I personally start higher) and identify "banker" bets at odds around 1.30 (3/10) with a ton of value at the back price to get a run going of consecutive winners. If Bet 1 wins then the Bet 1 stake + profit goes onto Bet 2 and so on until we reach £50 and bank the profit (which is usually 6-7 bets).

So for example at the weekend I had these....

Value Bets:
- Southend United vs Rochdale - Back Southend United DRAW NO BET @1.80 (8/10) - VOID (stake refunded as match finished as a draw)
- Forest Green Rovers vs Chester - Back Forest Green Rovers HOME WIN @2.00 (Evens) - WON
- VFL Wolfsburg vs Bayer Leverksuen - Back VFL Wolfsburg DRAW NO BET @1.90 (9/10) - WON
- SV Grodig vs Wolfsberger AC - Back SV Grodig HOME WIN @2.30 (13/10) - WON

SHG:
- Back SHG at Sheffield Wednesday vs Nottingham Forest - WON

£10 to £50 Challenge:
- Bristol City vs Fulham - Back Over 1.5 Goals @1.30 - WON

So I had more reason to be fuming at Saturday's second half performance than anyone as Southend threw away another winner for me! But that's it in a nutshell, all based on extremely generous prices given the statistics. Prices that are basically wrong but massively in your favour, if you use this way of betting then you can't go wrong long-term.

Kind of. It's taking advantage of prices that are massively skewed in your favour based on both current season statistics and 10-year statistics in leagues all over the world. I run a subscription service (£10 per month) on a website called GoalProfits. Its sister site ValueFootballBetting houses a very sophisticated database and integrates prices with Betfair so that I can see where the value is for the 3 strategies I use to make my selections. From there its a case of going through everything with a fine tooth comb - current form, head-to-head records, team news etc. The 3 strategies I use are:

* Value Bets (using markets like Match Odds, Both To Score, Over 2.5 Goals, Draw No Bet etc).
* SHG (Second Half Goal) - I identify matches that statistically will have a second half goal 90% of the time or higher and I back for at least one goal in the second half.
* £10 to £50 Challenge - here I use compounding to start with £10 (this is the representative stake on site but I personally start higher) and identify "banker" bets at odds around 1.30 (3/10) with a ton of value at the back price to get a run going of consecutive winners. If Bet 1 wins then the Bet 1 stake + profit goes onto Bet 2 and so on until we reach £50 and bank the profit (which is usually 6-7 bets).

Value Bets:
- Southend United vs Rochdale - Back Southend United DRAW NO BET @1.80 (8/10) - VOID (stake refunded as match finished as a draw)
- Forest Green Rovers vs Chester - Back Forest Green Rovers HOME WIN @2.00 (Evens) - WON
- VFL Wolfsburg vs Bayer Leverksuen - Back VFL Wolfsburg DRAW NO BET @1.90 (9/10) - WON

SHG:

£10 to £50 Challenge:

So I had more reason to be fuming at Saturday's second half performance than anyone as Southend threw away another winner for me! But that's it in a nutshell, all based on extremely generous prices given the statistics. Prices that are basically wrong but massively in your favour, if you use this way of betting then you can't go wrong long-term.

I make that a yes, Cyril.

Facebook to keep in contact with what little friends I have.
Shrimperzone, for obvious reasons
BBC keep up to date with the news
Sickipedia, we all love rude jokes
NFL simply the best sport bar football
ESPN com for college American Football
Digital Spy, for news on new films and TV
As for apps the only one I use is Clash of Clans and that's a game

YUVUTU just to keep tabs on my wife
WATCHERSWEB because i like boobies
LIVELEAKS just to keep tabs on israel
TRIP ADVISER because we are in a war with a taffy owned restaurant down the road which we are winning 21 -13
FACEBOOK just to see what all the old cs crew boys are up to
EVENING ECHO to see why i do not live in Southend

Value Bets:

SHG:

£10 to £50 Challenge:

I'm not a gambler but wouldn't all your value bets be on very short odds and not return a great deal?

YUVUTU just to keep tabs on my wife
WATCHERSWEB because i like boobies
LIVELEAKS just to keep tabs on israel
TRIP ADVISER because we are in a war with a taffy owned restaurant down the road which we are winning 21 -13
FACEBOOK just to see what all the old cs crew boys are up to
EVENING ECHO to see why i do not live in Southend

If you give us a link to the Taffy restaraunt we'll hammer it into the ground.:smile:

**joke!**

If you give us a link to the Taffy restaraunt we'll hammer it into the ground.:smile:

**joke!**

That would be good but i like to play fair until he plays dirty but fair play to Trip Adviser because they took a review down that they gave themselfs,muggy punts.

Facebook, Twitter, Solitaire, BBC Sport, notepad apps, my podcast catcher for apps. Webpages wise it's here, TV Tropes, various job sites and a holy metric ton of YouTube pages. I have four up right now. My subscription page, a charity gaming marathon playlist, the London Olympics track list, and the entire 118 song catalogue of Miracle of Sound. Very handy for book writing, those playlists. Well, they would be, if the bloody autoplay worked...

Facebook, SZ, Twitter, Ebay plus Rightmove and shopping ones like Amazon and Tesco.

Instagram
Facebook
Twitter
SZ
Etsy
LinkedIn

Apps - BBC Weather, ESPN, Lego Star Wars, Star Wars Uprising, Neko Atsume

I use an app called avs stream.

I get all the shows avaliable latest movies and all of the football.

Only available at android store. Use it daily

I'm not a gambler but wouldn't all your value bets be on very short odds and not return a great deal?

'Value' doesn't necessarily mean big odds. When someone says 'oooh, I fancy them to win 4-0 this weekend, 50/1 is a bit of value' 50/1 would only be 'value' if the true odds were (say) 40/1.

Keep backing selections where the odds are bigger than the actual chances and you'll do fine long term.

And to answer the OP....

bet365
Livescore
Twitter
iTunes podcasts
Yahtzee

Would be my top five most used

Back