• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

wally4pm

Old Timer
As the Crewe home game is scheduled for the evening of Tuesday 1st March 2016 and they are also out of the FA Cup, wouldn't it make sense to rearrange our game with them to a Saturday as undoubtedly they will bring more supporters on a Saturday rather than a Tuesday night? Or will have I have to takes Mrs W christmas shopping? :'(

That would mean 3 consecutive Saturdays at home. Ok for Season ticket holders, but paying punters may choose to miss one (at least), being so close to Christmas.

I think it will help our injured players to have that weekend off. As much as I don't like too many evening games, having the odd one isn't too bad. I don't mind this one being on a Tuesday to be fair.

I don't think you can bring games forward.

Exeter V Burton League 2 game was brought forward to the 6th Dec on 2nd round day last season.
Also Gillingham v Orient JPT Southern Semi Final was brought forward last season to the same day.

Mind you I hope we don't bring forward a game unless its a JPT semi final.

So, we all moan about games being moved and now you want us to do it, leave it where it was scheduled, thanks.

By the way I love evening games and we've got no Friday night this season so let us keep one of what we've been left with, please.

Bury home game is Friday 18th December

That's True, I stand corrected, I just noticed the date and not the KO time.

Im personally in favour of moving the fixture forward to Saturday 5th December.

To me, it makes sense to give the players some extra R&R if the opportunity arises and that both teams are happy with that fixture change. I don't see a reason why not.

However (as UTS mentioned) we should only obviously move it to that date, should we no longer be in the JPT area semi final, as those games will most likely take place on Tuesday 8th & Wednesday 9th December, & then we have to make the long journey away to Bradford on Saturday 12th.

That's True, I stand corrected, I just noticed the date and not the KO time.

Im personally in favour of moving the fixture forward to Saturday 5th December.

To me, it makes sense to give the players some extra R&R if the opportunity arises and that both teams are happy with that fixture change. I don't see a reason why not.

However (as UTS mentioned) we should only obviously move it to that date, should we no longer be in the JPT area semi final, as those games will most likely take place on Tuesday 8th & Wednesday 9th December, & then we have to make the long journey away to Bradford on Saturday 12th.

Big problem with this, both Bury & Rochdale play each other in the cup that weekend!:nope:

Big problem with this, both Bury & Rochdale play each other in the cup that weekend!:nope:

I've had a long day and perhaps missing the point, but what would Bury playing Rochdale in the cup have to do with our home game with Crewe on the same day?

I've had a long day and perhaps missing the point, but what would Bury playing Rochdale in the cup have to do with our home game with Crewe on the same day?

Sorry I totally forgotten this was about Crewe with all this chat about Friday games with Rochdale & Bury.D'oh! As you say a long day!

Back