• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

united we stand

Life President⭐
A little bit of light relief . Our ticket system has one main purpose- how difficult can it be?

I am a season ticket holder and last week bought tickets for last night’s match for myself and two friends , also season ticket holders. I bought them on the phone and was told they would be posted to me. I wasn’t offered the option of putting the tickets on our season ticket cards and didn’t ask for it as didn’t know at the time it exists ( mistake number one- I won't bother counting any more- I haven't got the energy) . I’ll skip through the pain of the system not being able to find me for over 5 minutes -how difficult is it?

Yesterday morning I realised that I hadn’t received my tickets yet. So , what do you think happened next following a conversation with the ticket office:

1 They turned up when I got home from work - ?
2 The ticket office reprinted and left them at NE corner office (a pain as work means that we only get to the ground after 7.40 anyway so would miss KO)
3 The ticket office reprinted them and offered to send them to the West bank ticket office, which normally would be a helpful gesture, but last night there was a massive queue- no idea why - unless of course it’s because they did this for other people and didn’t staff for it.
4 They have no idea why I have not received paper tickets , but say they can put my ticket on my card, and leave the other two at the West stand ticket office. They can't explain why the system will not allow them to add the tickets to the cards for all three of us

and the winner is ......4 The most illogical answer

Without telling me , the ticket office had put my season ticket on my card and had sent my friends tickets directly to them -( remember they are season ticket holders as well.) They told me the tickets had been sent to ne, so I had no reason to check with friends. I didn’t know my friend had got his tickets as I expected them to be sent to me

We get to stadium see the queueat the West stand and think, sod it lets try and get in using the original tickets , so what happens next

1.Paper tickets do not work and season ticket works (which would be fair enough as ticket office has probably cancelled the original paper tickets)
2.Only paper tickets work and not my season ticket
3.Nothing works
OR
Paper tickets do not work, my season ticket does not work, but one of my mates season tickets does!

and the winner is .....Of course option 3 the most illogical

In fairness the guy in the ticket office was very helpful when I called yesterday, and I like the gesture to leave the tickets at the West Stand office. The steward on the gate also applied common sense and let us all in , although I had no way of proving that I had paid for my ticket (I know they can check that retrospectfully)

But why does it have to be so difficult to simply buy a ticket to a home game ?

I use the print at home facility on the Col U ticket site, it costs nothing in admin costs except a bit of ink and is very convenient, do you have that option too?

I use the print at home facility on the Col U ticket site, it costs nothing in admin costs except a bit of ink and is very convenient, do you have that option too?

When Southend first announced the super new online system, I'm sure print at home was going to be an option and I'm sure other clubs that use the same system as us have a print at home option.

But sadly in answer to your question, no there is not currently a print at home option.

When Southend first announced the super new online system, I'm sure print at home was going to be an option and I'm sure other clubs that use the same system as us have a print at home option.

But sadly in answer to your question, no there is not currently a print at home option.

That's a bit out of touch these days, so many events use this system it saves the club costs, queues on matchdays and most importantly, fans money!

Additionally every time I've used the online system there is no option to have the tickets posted, collection only. The only reason i'm using online is because I can't get to the shop in person and I have frankly given up with the phone system and nobody responds to your emails!

The morning of the Gillingham game I arrive at Roots Hall to collect tickets I have purchased online only to be told my tickets are in Gillingham. if that's procedure then fair enough but there was nothing to indicate that would happen and I'd made the trip to the ground especially.

That's a bit out of touch these days, so many events use this system it saves the club costs, queues on matchdays and most importantly, fans money!

:off topic:
I booked tickets for the Cliffs Pavilion for March next year for a concert. I printed the tickets at home and the evil *******s still charged me a handling fee!!! Worse still, you can buy from the box office in person and they still charge you a handling charge. Total gits. I feel better for sharing that, very therapeutic.

The only ticketing system I never had trouble with was Seat Booker. Shame it didn't last long. As for the ticket office, with tickets sent out to the wrong address, tickets mislaid, tickets not working, it seems to happen every season, with promises that it will be fixed and sorted, but it never is.

Back