• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

My farther was 7 years old when world war 2 broke out. His street that he lived in took bomb damage, and people he knew of were killed as a result, he then went on later serve in the RAF during national service.
Now my farther, who is still with us certainly does not and did not take affence about this theme.

(Maybe he should, maybe he should not, but he has his reasons).

Snr.

I was in the concourse when they were singing it. Don't find it racist I just found it pointless and stupid, and the lads singing it were obviously drunk. A bloke standing next to me was complaining about it too, I said it might have been prompted by what happened in Paris and like he said, why weren't they singing anti-Muslim songs then rather than Germans, who are our allies. It's a shame because aside from that our support was superb yesterday.

If you don't think the 10 german bombers chant is racist then you need educating. 10 green bottles isn't racist, songs about shooting down german planes is. This isn't rocket science.

That said, the atmosphere was fine for the rest of the day.

If you don't think the 10 german bombers chant is racist then you need educating. 10 green bottles isn't racist, songs about shooting down german planes is. This isn't rocket science.

The RAF shot down German bombers (that's right bombers not just random German planes which you make it sound like, i wonder if people stopped and worried about if they were being racist when shooting down German bombers to protect our country) during the Second World war, fact. How is singing about that racist?

Can't believe people like you are so offended by what are effectively Anti-Nazi chants.

Racist or not , the thing for me about the idiots who sing this ( and I have witnessed it at Wembley ) is that they some how feel they are aligning themselves with the brave young men who actually fought in the war and risked their lives day after day in these bombers that were very vulnerable to enemy attack.
When I was a youngster , my uncle told me the reality of the missions they flew and how he was scared every time he flew in one.
He , like many , did it so that we could retain our liberty and he was rightly proud of that , but he never glorified what he did.
The group of 'young muppets' and 'wannabe hard men' who attach themselves to our club , are sad imitations of those that risked and lost their lives.
I know the ones who have my gratitude.

By coincidence the Germans were the first to use rocket science.......To bomb London

As a compromise we could sing about shooting down rockets as of course they were unmanned so no Germans died at the hands of the RAF.

There was ten V2 rockets in the sky....there was ten V2 rockets in the sky.

Racist or not , the thing for me about the idiots who sing this ( and I have witnessed it at Wembley ) is that they some how feel they are aligning themselves with the brave young men who actually fought in the war and risked their lives day after day in these bombers that were very vulnerable to enemy attack.
When I was a youngster , my uncle told me the reality of the missions they flew and how he was scared every time he flew in one.
He , like many , did it so that we could retain our liberty and he was rightly proud of that , but he never glorified what he did.
The group of 'young muppets' and 'wannabe hard men' who attach themselves to our club , are sad imitations of those that risked and lost their lives.
I know the ones who have my gratitude.
Why does it bother you so much that these 'young muppets' and 'hard men' (no idea how singing this means you're trying to be 'hard') are trying to remember those who fought in the Second World War? The way in which they do so doesn't really matter as long as it isn't completely offensive. Would you rather the brave men and their heroics of 70 years ago were left forgotten?

So, if German supporters sang about flattening London , Coventry, Chatham, etc , no one would be offended ?

Or may be if, the Japanese fans sang about the Burma railway at todays u19 intl that would also be ok ?

There are always other peoples perspectives to consider

Why does it bother you so much that these 'young muppets' and 'hard men' (no idea how singing this means you're trying to be 'hard') are trying to remember those who fought in the Second World War? The way in which they do so doesn't really matter as long as it isn't completely offensive. Would you rather the brave men and their heroics of 70 years ago were left forgotten?

I am sure that our brave forefathers would preferred not to be remembered in that way, hardly respectful to the fallen is it

So, if German supporters sang about flattening London , Coventry, Chatham, etc , no one would be offended ?

Or may be if, the Japanese fans sang about the Burma railway at todays u19 intl that would also be ok ?

Singing about flattening cities with innocent civilians would be different to singing songs about shooting down Nazi bombers attacking our country and threatening the lives of our people though wouldn't it.

You seem to be suggesting that Germans would be offended by this chant. i don't see what Germans would be offended by chants against Nazi-Germany, which I'm sure any sane German wouldn't be supportive of.

I am sure that our brave forefathers would preferred not to be remembered in that way, hardly respectful to the fallen is it
You say that as though you know for a fact what the fallen would want, which you don't.

I don't see how it's disrespectful towards our fallen soldiers. It's simply celebrating their actions which saved countless lives at the time and secured the future we enjoy today.

I for one struggle to see the fallen being offended by chants against those who were trying to kill them and their families. In fact, Anti-German songs were common during the war so i don't think the same people who would've taken part in those songs would be offended by people singing chants of a similar nature 70 years on.

That song is one of my pet hates. Both my grandfathers fought in the Second World War and I know they didn't fight for our freedom to have their achievements claimed by a load of youngsters who had nothing to do with it in the name of 'banter'.

I also don't see what place it has at a football match.

What about that vile racist song that celebrates the deaths of hundreds of English men......I've heard it sung by the whole stadium including young children, fully encouraged by an official band and a singer on a microphone.

Its absolutely rife north of the border and astonishingly they even allow it at rugby matches which is why I never go.

How the scots ever get away with 'Flower of Scotland' is beyond me

The German bombers is an old English chant and has been sung for years by English fans around the country - more so during international games

if you're offended by such a chant as the RAF shooting down German bombers (check your ww2 text book from year 8 history), then you must go through life offended by the smallest of things.

i sometimes wonder why I bother posting on here, it's embarrassing

People clearly have nothing better to do than moan

Back