• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supershrimper

First XI⭐
Don't know if I've missed something but can someone please explain why around the 50 minutes mark people start to shine the light from their phones. Noticed it last week and again this week as well

Was asked by wigan fan on way out what that was all about.had to admit didn't have a clue, being of a certain age we agreed bring back the rattle

!
!

Stupidest thing I've ever seen at a football ground. No point or reason for it and it makes them all look like *****

Isn't it supporting Scunthorpe and various north-east clubs campaign against the closure of the steelworks?

Bloke next to me reckons it has something to backing the steel workers up north... Random that we are getting behind it but seems we like a sob story.

Bloke near me moaned ' this isn't a f****g Barry Manilow concert !!"

I didn't know if it was anything to do with the Paris attacks (Paris being known as the City Of Lights) but haven't seen anything in the match day program and bit weird it's gone on for the last 2 weeks and around the same time.

Bloke near you has obviously been to a Barry manilow concert then,I'd keep that quiet,bit like admitting you support col u

Bloke near me moaned ' this isn't a f****g Barry Manilow concert !!"

Although I am pleased we attract fans who have been to Barry Manilow Concerts and then turned back from that type of thing I do think you should ask him to tone down that type of "boasting" about his/her previous musical man love life style in case it has influences on other persons.
As for the torch phone stuff.................not bothered, a bit "pants" but no harm in it is there?

It was ok at Scunthorpe because it was relevant, it has no place at Roots Hall because it is irrelevant and just plain bloody annoying, not to mention off putting to players who suddenly find lights being shone in their eyes from various parts of the ground! And as for those people that "flash" the lights........ :angry:

Desist. Desist NOW. Pointless and ridiculous.

It was ok at Scunthorpe because it was relevant, it has no place at Roots Hall because it is irrelevant and just plain bloody annoying, not to mention off putting to players who suddenly find lights being shone in their eyes from various parts of the ground! And as for those people that "flash" the lights........ :angry:

Desist. Desist NOW. Pointless and ridiculous.

No.... that is unacceptable. But I agree give them the lights....whatever that is

Although I am pleased we attract fans who have been to Barry Manilow Concerts and then turned back from that type of thing I do think you should ask him to tone down that type of "boasting" about his/herprevious musical man love life style in case it has influences on other persons.
As for the torch phone stuff.................not bothered, a bit "pants" but no harm in it is there?

Quite agree...In fact I'm sure we are one voice on the subject.

Really dont see the problem with it its just a harmless bit of fun. The same people moaning about the lights are probably the same people that get irritated by someone loudly backing the team.

Fwiw I thought the backing for the boys yesterday was great over in the west

Back