• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

manor15

Super Moderator⭐⭐
Staff member
http://mobile.southendunited.co.uk/news/article/attention-all-blues-supporters-2847145.aspx said:
Attention all Blues supporters
The Leader of the Council, Ron Woodley, recently placed the attached article in Oracle; a publication that is primarily circulated to residents in Shoebury & Thorpe Bay please click here.

The proposals being advanced with British Land are the best opportunity yet for the Club to build a new stadium. Roots Hall is no longer “fit for purpose” in the modern, financially driven, world of Football. Without a new stadium the Club will always be in the lower Leagues requiring major financial investment, year on year, in order to compete.

My ambition is for Southend United Football Club to fulfil its potential…this cannot be achieved at Roots Hall.

Southend has a population of some 173,000 - Rochford and Castle Point, together 238,000 and with circa 650,000 within a 30 minute drive time. With no immediate competition on our doorstep the opportunity to grow is clear for all to see.

Phil Brown has committed to the Club as he too recognises what the Club can achieve. This is our time to put Southend United on the Football Map.

Now is a key moment in the future of Southend United and I am asking all Blues supporters to respond to the Leader of the Council by providing their views.

The benefits can be summarised under the following headings

• Roots Hall, built in 1955, is ‘no longer fit for purpose’.

• The Club needs new modern facilities to survive and thrive.

• To attract top management and players the Club has to have equivalent facilities.

• A new Stadium will put Southend on the Football Map.

• The economic and employment benefits the Town will receive from the investment are very considerable.

• The Development will keep shoppers in Southend by the provision of new and attractive Shopping and Leisure facilities.

• Nothing succeeds like success…give the Blues a chance.

This can be done by emailing: info@oraclepublications.co.uk

I thank you for your taking the time to engage with this request from The Leader of the Council and for our part the Club will keep all supporters advised of progress including when the Planning Application will be considered by Members of the Council.

Ron Martin
Southend United Chairman

Ron must be getting desperate.

I wish someone would teach him when to use capital letters, and then maybe even how to use sentences instead of bullet points.
  • We really need to put the Town and the Club on the Football Map by showing that our chairman can pass a basic grammar test.
The best bit by far is "Nothing succeeds like success".

Statement from Ronny

http://www.southendunited.co.uk/news/article/attention-all-blues-supporters-2847145.aspx

Attention all Blues supporters
The Leader of the Council, Ron Woodley, recently placed the attached article in Oracle; a publication that is primarily circulated to residents in Shoebury & Thorpe Bay please click here.

The proposals being advanced with British Land are the best opportunity yet for the Club to build a new stadium. Roots Hall is no longer “fit for purpose” in the modern, financially driven, world of Football. Without a new stadium the Club will always be in the lower Leagues requiring major financial investment, year on year, in order to compete.

My ambition is for Southend United Football Club to fulfil its potential…this cannot be achieved at Roots Hall.

Southend has a population of some 173,000 - Rochford and Castle Point, together 238,000 and with circa 650,000 within a 30 minute drive time. With no immediate competition on our doorstep the opportunity to grow is clear for all to see.

Phil Brown has committed to the Club as he too recognises what the Club can achieve. This is our time to put Southend United on the Football Map.

Now is a key moment in the future of Southend United and I am asking all Blues supporters to respond to the Leader of the Council by providing their views.

The benefits can be summarised under the following headings

• Roots Hall, built in 1955, is ‘no longer fit for purpose’.

• The Club needs new modern facilities to survive and thrive.

• To attract top management and players the Club has to have equivalent facilities.

• A new Stadium will put Southend on the Football Map.

• The economic and employment benefits the Town will receive from the investment are very considerable.

• The Development will keep shoppers in Southend by the provision of new and attractive Shopping and Leisure facilities.

• Nothing succeeds like success…give the Blues a chance.

This can be done by emailing: info@oraclepublications.co.uk

I thank you for your taking the time to engage with this request from The Leader of the Council and for our part the Club will keep all supporters advised of progress including when the Planning Application will be considered by Members of the Council.

Ron Martin
Southend United Chairman

Read more at http://www.southendunited.co.uk/new...s-supporters-2847145.aspx#iYe41UHPdc0aE668.99

Here's the article in question....

826b21612fd5fad50487c7a24ad1a0fe_zpsxd3qkxqz.jpg

The High Street will probably lose out big time,Ronnyville is huge!

Can anyone else see parallels between Ronville and Rapture from Bioshock?

Whether its those on here who are resolutely positive, or those who delight in Meldrew like misery, I sincerely hope all will respond and get everyone they know to do likewise. Irrespective of whether your personal opinion is that it will happen, or not happen, I can't believe anyone could possibly believe it happening is a bad thing (unless they are Famers or Wet Spammers).

For what it worth I sent an e-mail to the Oracle and Woodley as below. By the way someone better in tune than I may consider whether an on-line petition makes sense (I assume having run the idea past the club or is that Club)

Oracle, Councillor Woodley

I sincerely hope the opportunity to have such a prestigous development, with desperately needed new housing and great facilities, moves forward. Such investment is to be welcomed and it’s all to easy to see seaside towns who, through lack of courage or opportunity, go the other way and decay away year by year.

This scheme is now supported by British Land and Populous who lead their fields in what they do. I believe the opportunity to have a development for the town to be truly proud of has never been more assured, and it would be an absolute and unforgivable tragedy if we managed now to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Whether its those on here who are resolutely positive, or those who delight in Meldrew like misery, I sincerely hope all will respond and get everyone they know to do likewise. Irrespective of whether your personal opinion is that it will happen, or not happen, I can't believe anyone could possibly believe it happening is a bad thing (unless they are Famers or Wet Spammers).

For what it worth I sent an e-mail to the Oracle and Woodley as below. By the way someone better in tune than I may consider whether an on-line petition makes sense (I assume having run the idea past the club or is that Club)

Oracle, Councillor Woodley

I sincerely hope the opportunity to have such a prestigous development, with desperately needed new housing and great facilities, moves forward. Such investment is to be welcomed and it’s all to easy to see seaside towns who, through lack of courage or opportunity, go the other way and decay away year by year.

This scheme is now supported by British Land and Populous who lead their fields in what they do. I believe the opportunity to have a development for the town to be truly proud of has never been more assured, and it would be an absolute and unforgivable tragedy if we managed now to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

being fair,

If Ron stated the following.

21000 stadium
60 blocks of flats
20 million shops
7 billion properties
58 hotels to replicate Vegas
Parking for 5 cars

Many fans would urge the council to agree.

All Roonie needs to do is tell us how the development will benefit SUFC, and i'll be all over it. Love Victor

All Roonie needs to do is tell us how the development will benefit SUFC, and i'll be all over it. Love Victor

It'll allow the club to develop and grow which it can't as things stand.

I've done my response, please, if you care about the club, then do yours also.

My email

Dear Cllr Woodley

I am writing to support the application of the Southend United development. I understand that there will be several challenges should the complex be built, but there are other advantages to Southend too which are not included within the article.

Should Southend council gain devolution from the government, it will need to find its own funding; just imagine the amount of extra revenue that would be generated via the rates alone from this development.

There is also the prospect of international recognition for Southend should the club be successful. I know for fact that people from the Netherlands already visit Southend to watch Southend United (having spoken to some outside the ground), just imagine the benefits to the sea front, shops and council should people visit from Europe to come to watch a successful football club.

Because of the greater visitor numbers that would be generated In the area, the prospect of new businesses opening in Southend, either by, or employing local people would grow. This would increase revenue via rates for the council and enable it to improve the services that it offers to local people (e.g. Care for the elderly) and enhance it's reputation Nationaly, Internationaly as well as locally.

Regards

Back