• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Christ you can tell the games the day trippers have made the effort to go to :zzzzz::zzzzz::zzzzz:

Spare me the inverted snobbery.

Once upon a time, certainly. Players earned up to £20 a week and travelled to matches on the bus with the fans. Factories and other works closed Saturday lunchtime and the working class headed for the match (without feeling the need to sing obscenities throughout it).

Times have changed. Players at the top level are obscenely wealthy and the game is now for families to enjoy as much as the "working class". Men, women and children all are (should be) welcome. Working class ? The new euphemism for those who want to behave in a manner generally not tolerated outside of a football ground and act with no consideration to others.

I have no problem with standing at a football ground (well, actually I do physically, but I mean the concept),

All grounds could benefit from standing and seating areas - you pays your money and takes your choice. However when that situation doesn't exist and the club have been unwilling to segregate an area (as they have at Roots Hall) for standing it really is quite selfish to stand throughout and block the view of those less able to stand.
You're wasting your breath Mick, the concept of unselfishness and having consideration for those less able, is an alien concept to those who don't want to appear "uncool" in front of their mates.

No, I know, but it was obvious to everyone that we'd need more than the away stand./QUOTE]

Possibly, but I doubt our club will put their hands up for another block of seats until the whole of the South Stand was sold out (finances etc).

Was in E2, felt sorry for the young girl with her father and also for the old couple just behind. When everyone stood neither could see. Although the young girl stood as well she could not see because the row in front were all adult men (and fairly broad). The old couple - well they either couldn't or chose not too stand. Perhaps they have no place in coming to a near sell out Essex 'derby'? Who knows maybe they were "day trippers' too...?

Christ you can tell the games the day trippers have made the effort to go to :zzzzz::zzzzz::zzzzz:
Scott, that's a bit condescending. We're all supporters, some can't go as often as others for a variety of reasons, doesn't make them any less of a supporter.

You're young, young people don't have a monopoly on being a football supporter, plenty of us have been there, done that since long before you were born. Unfortunately, as you get older your body doesn't work in the same way as it used to, why should our older supporters not have the right to watch and enjoy as much as the younger ones?

Those of you that have been to these kind of games before are well aware that this was always going to be a tough game to sit through.

If you wanted to sit may I suggest asking for a front row seat at the next big one. I stood yesterday and it was never in doubt.

If I get to the age when I can stand any longer I will either not go or I will try and get a seat that makes sitting an easy option.

All of that said if people behind were young or elderly I would have moved so they can see.

Those of you that have been to these kind of games before are well aware that this was always going to be a tough game to sit through.

If you wanted to sit may I suggest asking for a front row seat at the next big one. I stood yesterday and it was never in doubt.
The ticket office can only sell tickets in the order as dictated by the hosting team, they won't "pick and choose".

Oh my god, an essex derby on boxing day and people are moaning about someone kicking a chair and a old boy getting wobbled??. Get real you bunch of muppets was a great day and these things are always going to happen unfortunately in the heat of the moment.

Oh my god, an essex derby on boxing day and people are moaning about someone kicking a chair and a old boy getting wobbled??. Get real you bunch of muppets was a great day and these things are always going to happen unfortunately in the heat of the moment.

You must have broken the chair, then ! I claim my £5. Love Kermit

Yeah thanks for that. Always good to get a balanced view like yours when you don't agree with something.

I rest my case.

You're wasting your breath Mick, the concept of unselfishness and having consideration for those less able, is an alien concept to those who don't want to appear "uncool" in front of their mates.

After queuing for 20mins for my one and only beer two idiots pushed to the front and just to annoy me even more the numpty who was serving went to serve them first as they bullied a few family people out of the way. I can assure you they were made to look very 'uncool' by my good self.

Times have changed, working class REAL men behaved much better with women and children. I was certainly looked after when I was about 10 years old at RH. The stone island wannabes have yet to do a days work and will be picked up from the coach by their mum. They need to learn that taking the P*** with your own fans is not acceptable. The way to do that is to put them firmly in their place. So don't be shy people let them know.

I rest my case.

What case do you rest?. The only thing you lot do not get if someone has a difference of opinion to yours over a broken chair?. Maybe just maybe it was an accident and per had the person who knocked into the old gentleman didn't think "oh i know what I'm going to do when we score lets go and bump into the oldest person in the ground".

This is why i rarely post on here because 90% of the people are self opinionated idiots who behave like kids when people dare to have an opinion.

How many of those who think it's ok to stand regardless of who's view they're blocking, would consider it acceptable for the person standing next to them to light a fag? Not many I'll bet..

Back