• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blues4LifeDan

Manager
I have a problem and I think some others may have the same issue too.
I'm undecided on whether to go to Peterborough or not. I can think of many cons of going and sadly not enough pro's. So I call on fellow shrimpers to advise me of the pro's of going to said match, please help me.

One of our shorter away days, you'll see a lot of goals, we're expecting to lose so you can't be disappointed

Pro's:
They have a same day Passport Office (should you need to re-new or claim asylum)
A Pizza Express in the High Street
...... Thats it im all out.

Cons:
Multi Storey car park stinks of P1ss
We are gonna get spanked !!

Be proud go!! I felt like that yesturday after the game, we can't keep getting stuffed can we?

Because we are all Southend fans and support club through thick and thin. Most of us have been through many shocking years but here we all still are win or lose. Go...be proud

Pro's: you were born into the brethren of shrimpers and follow regardless.

Cons: you have many more years of suffering ahead of you, this run ain't that bad....trust me!

It's hard at the moment to think yes yet a another defeat looms but be optimistic all teams have blips.You will kick yourself if we win with Tyrone getting a hattrick!!!

The expectation is that we will get stuffed but we are Southend United and the unexpected often happens.

I have a problem and I think some others may have the same issue too.
I'm undecided on whether to go to Peterborough or not. I can think of many cons of going and sadly not enough pro's. So I call on fellow shrimpers to advise me of the pro's of going to said match, please help me.

If a couple of defeats makes you question your loyalty, don't bother. Spurs are at home to Sunderland - they'll win that - go support them.

If a couple of defeats makes you question your loyalty, don't bother. Spurs are at home to Sunderland - they'll win that - go support them.

Sorry to disappoint you my friend but just bought a ticket, don't hate me.

Fairly local game, good excuse to have a few beers with friends. Should be a good attendance and atmosphere from our fans. MrsBlue won't be attending.

Pro: Last season, we were beaten 4-2 away at Stevenage, we weren't too good that day either. Then won our next game (albeit at home) against Carlisle, 2-0.

Con: Swindon are better than Stevenage and Peterborough are better than Carlisle.

Think we'd all be happy with a point this week.

Peterborough has some decent pubs in town. If you like your ales then there is the Brewery Tap (my personal favorite pub in P'boro) or as someone mentioned earlier, Charters (the boat pub).

Back