• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Frigging hell, even with that view you can tell that ain't a penalty, players reactions say it all, good job that never went in:omg:

Got to agree, that was never a penalty, sadly though, ive seen worse given, but fortunately justice was done, and Dan kept it out. Which im obviously glad about.

I dont mind us losing if we were fairly beaten, but if we lost the game on the back of that decsion, i would have been furious.

Justice was served when Dan saved, nice one Dan!

One other thing I noticed was that Luke O'Neil got beaten too easy on a couple occasions. Just needs a bit of training on how to stick tight to your man and not let him Breathe on the ball.

But all in all a stable result. Onto the next one!

What caught my eye was Luke O'Neil chirping away at the ref as their fella ran up to take the pen and then his furious up yours reaction was which was priceless - I love to see that from one of my players....

I just watched it on the TV...... What the hell was the lino doing? I saw at least 3 different flag waving decisions, no wonder Brown wasn't happy, the lino didn't have a clue what he was trying to flag for.

Ought to be retrospective action for blatant cheating like their player who goes down.

I just watched it on the TV...... What the hell was the lino doing? I saw at least 3 different flag waving decisions, no wonder Brown wasn't happy, the lino didn't have a clue what he was trying to flag for.

He has a long nautical family history, and was trying to convey his decision through the method of semaphore. :smile:

I agree that it was a very bad call by the Assistant Ref, but at the end of the day justice was done with Daniel's penalty save. I think maybe Phil and ourselves need to wind it in now as Phil will be getting his collar felt by the authorities probably for his comments. And more importantly the Assessor and or Ref should do something about the Lino's ****-up, but in private, which is as it should be.

Ought to be retrospective action for blatant cheating like their player who goes down.

Especially when they admit it to PB when their going down the tunnel. In case anyone's asking why PB reacted as he did.

What caught my eye was Luke O'Neil chirping away at the ref as their fella ran up to take the pen and then his furious up yours reaction was which was priceless - I love to see that from one of my players....

The reason Luke was feeling extra 'sensitive' was because in the first half he won a clear corner, not given, and then after the ball came off a blue shirt he let it slowly run out for a throw deep in their half when he could have easily kept it in play. Again not given. The Peterborough players had jogged back into their own area in case the lino needed any clues.

We can all see the direction of the ball for the penalty decision. The ref had a good game But that 'assistant' suddenly developing epilepsy when he flagged left the ref with no choice but from the long discussion I think he knew it was a big mistake.

What you don't see on the highlights is Bentley in the end waving his own players away. Over the 98 minutes Dan had Grown back to his best. He almost said to both sets of players don't worry there's absolutely no chance of this one going in.

Last edited:
Back