• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Firestorm

Pedant
From the c2c site

Pitsea- Shoeburyness

From Saturday 23 January 2016 04:00 Until Sunday 24 January 2016 02:00

Shoeburyness - Laindon - London Liverpool Street / London Fenchurch Street

Due to Network Rail undertaking overhead line maintenance work at Southend Central and re-railing work at Leigh-on-Sea services will start from / terminate at Pitsea.

Rail replacement buses will run between Pitsea and Shoeburyness.

We will also be running bus services between Canvey Island (Leigh Beck, Haystack Corner, Link Road at the corner of Dinant Avenue and Waterside Farm). Passengers should buy a ticket from the driver. Valid bus tickets can be exchanged, within two hours of issue, at Pitsea Station Booking Office for a National Rail ticket for onwards travel (similar to when exchanging a Permit to Travel).

Thanks for that, will make alternative arrangements.
If i have to get a bus i will get a normal bus:angry:

Looks like il have to find a bus route from pitsea to Southend somehow��

Looks like il have to find a bus route from pitsea to Southend somehow��
I know the 28 (First buses) runs along the London Road through Pitsea Broadway all the way to Southend Vic.
Arriva's 5 bus follows the same route as far as Hadleigh Road in Leigh but then diverts through Leigh Broadway so you'd be better off jumping off before then and switching to a 1 which follows the London Road to Southend Vic.

I know the 28 (First buses) runs along the London Road through Pitsea Broadway all the way to Southend Vic.
Arriva's 5 bus follows the same route as far as Hadleigh Road in Leigh but then diverts through Leigh Broadway so you'd be better off jumping off before then and switching to a 1 which follows the London Road to Southend Vic.

Both the 5 & 28 stop opposite the Plough in Westcliff.

B****cks!.. Just seen this. Thanks to firestorm for the heads up.

Is the other Southend Vic line running ok? or problems there also?

Maybe it will be quicker for me to switch lines and travel in a london direction to Upminster, take a shuttle train to Romford and switch, as apose to a replacement bus service from Pitsea to Southend.

Anyone know if the trains are fine for Saturday as I've heard their still doing maintenance at the stations?

Back