• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

davewebbsbrain

Webby⭐
I have started to think about a surprise party for my wife's 40th in July this year.

Anyone got any recommendations please on a DJ and a venue that will hold about 100 and that has a bar, and preferably would supply a buffet. Needs to be in the Southend/Rayleigh/Benfleet area.

My first thought was Hollywoods in Benfleet but I imagine that may be rather costly. I went to a party at Rayleigh Snooker club a while ago but don't think it was big enough for 100

I have started to think about a surprise party for my wife's 40th in July this year.

Anyone got any recommendations please on a DJ and a venue that will hold about 100 and that has a bar, and preferably would supply a buffet. Needs to be in the Southend/Rayleigh/Benfleet area.

My first thought was Hollywoods in Benfleet but I imagine that may be rather costly. I went to a party at Rayleigh Snooker club a while ago but don't think it was big enough for 100

Upstairs at The Ship in Leigh.

You have to supply your own buffet and DJ.

Used to be free but with a pay bar.

Davros was great, but I think he's retired.

Shrimpers Bar? (the one inside and upstairs). I went to a party there awhile back.

Try Micky at The Hamlet Court Pub, or Gary at Chalkwell Park Rooms/venue. Both run great gigs AND both a BIG Shrimpers.

Club Kingswood in Basildon good venue and the owner is a Southend season ticket holder :happy::happy:

Excellant bar, dance floor and good food upstairs supplied

Bit out the way but great wakering football club house is very good, nice and clean also:thumbsup:

£50 to hire now, and really grotty these days. I heard they let their dog walk around up there ******** everywhere during the day.

Last time I was there they only had bottled beers and a "tap" of lager upstairs and so most guests had to keep going up and down the stairs to get drinks. Stage and lay out, room size is fine.

Maybe The Moorings? It's the function room by The Anchor pub in South Benfleet. Handy for anyone coming by train too!

It's been a fair while since I was last out there, but Stambridge Memorial Hall may also be a possibility. I think it's not long since it had a make over.

Lol, Hollywoods in Benfleet is now an estate of luxury houses! Sad, really, as I have been to so many functions there over the years.

In Benfleet, La Quinta has three separate function rooms, certainly worth a look. They will do the whole food, disco bit. The Moorings (as mentioned by Gremlin) behind the Anchor pub in Benfleet has just had a refurb and can be hired out for functions such as this too, also worth a look. Think you need to get your own caterers and disco there though, but that's not too difficult to arrange. Richmond Hall has also undergone a bit of a transformation fairly recently, again, you'd need to supply your own caterers and disco. I think the Oysterfleet on Canvey has a function room but you tend to me competing with weddings there. Monty's Bar in Leigh has a function room and does catering and provides its own DJ.

There are several restaurants which cater mainly for lunch and which can be booked privately for evening functions. The Beach Hut on Southend sea front, The Grove and Ugo's in Leigh, Cafe Max in Benfleet and Pinaglis in Thundersley. I would imagine all of these would be happy to cater.

Davros was great, but I think he's retired.

Shrimpers Bar? (the one inside and upstairs). I went to a party there awhile back.

Davros has retired from doing weddings, he still takes party bookings (or did last summer as he did a friend of ours' 50th).

Shrimpers Bar is downstairs, you mean the Far Post. That can certainly be hired.

Davros has retired from doing weddings, he still takes party bookings (or did last summer as he did a friend of ours' 50th).

Shrimpers Bar is downstairs, you mean the Far Post. That can certainly be hired.

That's the one couldn't remember the name. I highly recommend Dave, he was great.

How about an illegal rave over Shoebury East Beach.

I know someone who does cheap glow sticks.

Back