• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Barrett Banner

• Total voters

Ayrshire Blue

The Custard Splat
Mods can merge the thread if they want but I think this is going to be the best way to settle the debate.

One Adam Barrett
beivep.png

There's Only One Adam Barrett
30vglrn.png

Then - Now - Forever
ezrczb.png

I really don't think the name is needed. Is he so much of a legend that nobody recognises him from the picture?

Something like ONE TRUE SHRIMPER would get my vote.

I wonder if the other players may wonder why we are raising Adam so high? I know they would appreciate that we feel strongly that he has been a great servant of the club for many years. However, we havent done this for other legends have we? I would rather an impersonal banner with a suitable strap-line which will be appropriate to encourage the whole team, and let them know we value them all.

I like the idea for a Barrett banner, though it is correct that others have deserved them too. The one that springs to mind, largely because Barrett is following his example with regards to two spells of successful promotions, is Spencer Prior. Tilson also because his success as player and manager. And then of course Nicky Nicolau for doing that great dive to win the decisive penalty in the 2005 play-offs against Northampton.

I wonder if the other players may wonder why we are raising Adam so high? I know they would appreciate that we feel strongly that he has been a great servant of the club for many years. However, we havent done this for other legends have we? I would rather an impersonal banner with a suitable strap-line which will be appropriate to encourage the whole team, and let them know we value them all.
Because the players are really going to look at the banner and think it means we only support Adam Barrett and not them aren't they :dim:

There hasn't been one done for any other legends before because nobody has suggested it, that doesn't mean one can't be done now. Plenty of clubs have banners dedicated to legends, I don't see why it's an issue. If you'd rather see a banner that doesn't focus on one player why don't you organise it yourself?

I like the idea for a Barrett banner, though it is correct that others have deserved them too. The one that springs to mind, largely because Barrett is following his example with regards to two spells of successful promotions, is Spencer Prior. Tilson also because his success as player and manager. And then of course Nicky Nicolau for doing that great dive to win the decisive penalty in the 2005 play-offs against Northampton.

I don't know if it has been mentioned but could it be that Barnett becomes worthy of a banner in the future?

Simply take the second "r" and make it a "n" and add some hair and it could be re-used at some point ............

Hash tag: Recyclingforeveryone

I'm sure the players would want to leave because we created a banner for a club legend in what's potentially his final season

i mean all those chelsea players must hate the fans for the respect they give john terry. Probably why they went on the win so much...

I shouldn't be surprised by now but I really can't believe what I read on here sometimes

How about we go with this then?!

54un3q.jpg

Unbelievable! :headbang:

I'm sure the players would want to leave because we created a banner for a club legend in what's potentially his final season

i mean all those chelsea players must hate the fans for the respect they give john terry. Probably why they went on the win so much...

Who said anything about players leaving? I didnt. I am sure no-one would leave...that would be a crazy and childish response to a banner. No professional in their right mind would take THAT much offence - it's only a banner. I dont know why you think they would leave? I dont. I am simply pointing out that to show at a game that we appreciate the whole team...why not a banner that communicates that? It was just a simple question. If team morale IS important (and just look at the amount of articles written re: team spirit when we were in the middle of the wonderful run of games) then something that lets them know we want all of them to be appreciated would be an alternative. Just asking the question...that's all.

Ayrshire Blue i hope you dont mind but i have requested a mate of mine make me this in vinyl for my spare room... ill upload a pic once done :)

Who said anything about players leaving? I didnt. I am sure no-one would leave...that would be a crazy and childish response to a banner. No professional in their right mind would take THAT much offence - it's only a banner. I dont know why you think they would leave? I dont. I am simply pointing out that to show at a game that we appreciate the whole team...why not a banner that communicates that? It was just a simple question. If team morale IS important (and just look at the amount of articles written re: team spirit when we were in the middle of the wonderful run of games) then something that lets them know we want all of them to be appreciated would be an alternative. Just asking the question...that's all.

I really don't think Lenny meant his first sentence to be taken seriously.

Have a day off mate

Because the players are really going to look at the banner and think it means we only support Adam Barrett and not them aren't they :dim:

There hasn't been one done for any other legends before because nobody has suggested it, that doesn't mean one can't be done now. Plenty of clubs have banners dedicated to legends, I don't see why it's an issue. If you'd rather see a banner that doesn't focus on one player why don't you organise it yourself?

I agree

You have to start somewhere!! Are they going to go home and cry because they have no banner with their name on???

Pathetic - ASPIRE TO BE THE BEST PLAYER ON AND OFF THE PITCH IF YOU WISH THE ELATION?

Back