• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

mrsblue

Banned
These threads voting for the worst player's who have worn our beloved blue leave a bad taste.

Those very same player's or even their children or grandchildren could well be reading people's views.

I have avoided them like the plague,might be fun for some.

Sorry if this offends anyone.

These threads voting for the worst player's who have worn our beloved blue leave a bad taste.

Those very same player's or even their children or grandchildren could well be reading people's views.

I nominate this for the zones lamest post

I guess it's all down to opinion, these conversations take place in pubs, bars and grounds up and down the country therefore I don't see what harm it's causing by discussing on the zone? If those players happen to read the comments and votes then they're more than welcome to register and comment for themselves - that's the whole point of a forum surely?

I am offended that you are so offended that people might read this and get offended.

Ive already shown some of these posts and votes to ex players involved and they have taken it all in good heart, one in particular even said and admitted he was rubbish:thumbsup:

They are just opinions, after all.

The worst team ever would still give Shrimperzone FC a trouncing - and half of them are dead! :winking:

It's political correctness gone mad.

They are just opinions, after all.

The worst team ever would still give Shrimperzone FC a trouncing - and half of them are dead! :winking:

:omg::omg: I was wondering why they didn't post so much on here nowdays. I thought it was because of red-rep gate.

Hang on, havent you over the past few seasons moaned at every striker we have had at the club. Im sure those current players, and those who are still playing, are much more likely to have read those criticisms than say, Gary Pooles or Martyn Bootys family. When Jason Williams gets into the worst XI in 25 years time, at least his children will be able to read back at your posts and know what an amazing and complete centre forward he was.

To be fair, you didn't seem to be too bothered about offending anyone last season when you were slagging off our then current players like Corr, Coulthirst and any other striker we had apart from Williams. I think Brown has also come in for a whole chunk of abuse from you as well in the past, hasn't he?

#justsaying

To be fair, you didn't seem to be too bothered about offending anyone last season when you were slagging off our then current players like Corr, Coulthirst and any other striker we had apart from Williams. I think Brown has also come in for a whole chunk of abuse from you as well in the past, hasn't he?

#justsaying

Find one post of mine where I have slated any player or even Phil!,might have said Phil's tactics are poor,or Shaq looked uninterested or Woody was vastly inexperienced or Barny was over the hill,your threads maybe fun to you and others then fair enough,I just think it's a tad wrong,but hey I ain't being mentioned do carry on.

#justsaying

One final point,

The players in your polls were all professional footballers which means they were paid to play football and believe it or not they were far superior than 99.99% of the people slagging them off.

Would have been better if you had posted up the best 5 players in every position,just saying like.

One final point,

The players in your polls were all professional footballers which means they were paid to play football and believe it or not they were far superior than 99.99% of the people slagging them off.

Would have been better if you had posted up the best 5 players in every position,just saying like.

That's a fair point, but we've done something like that several times.

To be honest, this is Shrimpermoan and it seems that every time we don't win 3-0 there is no shortage of people slagging off all and sundry, some in a particularly vociferous way which actually I don't overly agree with but hey. I didn't think it would be a problem but judging from the number of likes in the opening post, maybe you have a point.

To be a pro player you need a whole host of stuff other than ability, the most important being mental strength. Every week you are taunted and abused by the crowd, and that's just at the home games! Away games are different gravy and a pro has to have that built in resilience otherwise they won't cut it.

I hardly think a player is going to get upset because the fans of a team he played for - and by definition played probably very badly for - have decided that he is amongst the worst in that position. It doesn't mean he's a rubbish player generally as any pro would walk rings around the rest of us, but it does mean that he didn't do it for us. Emberson for instance; a fantastic keeper earlier in his career, but not for us. Prudhoe, a superb keeper with terrific distribution but by the time we got him he was nowhere near up to the standard.

But if it causes offence to people then fair enough, we won't continue.

Shall I set up a poll to gauge interest?

:winking:

Ive already shown some of these posts and votes to ex players involved and they have taken it all in good heart, one in particular even said and admitted he was rubbish:thumbsup:

Hahaha. I remember Andy Edwards telling me his son read SZ. I don't think he read Dave the Shrimper's stories though, as he was only 9 (Andy Edward's son, not Dave) .

That's a fair point, but we've done something like that several times.

To be honest, this is Shrimpermoan and it seems that every time we don't win 3-0 there is no shortage of people slagging off all and sundry, some in a particularly vociferous way which actually I don't overly agree with but hey. I didn't think it would be a problem but judging from the number of likes in the opening post, maybe you have a point.

To be a pro player you need a whole host of stuff other than ability, the most important being mental strength. Every week you are taunted and abused by the crowd, and that's just at the home games! Away games are different gravy and a pro has to have that built in resilience otherwise they won't cut it.

I hardly think a player is going to get upset because the fans of a team he played for - and by definition played probably very badly for - have decided that he is amongst the worst in that position. It doesn't mean he's a rubbish player generally as any pro would walk rings around the rest of us, but it does mean that he didn't do it for us. Emberson for instance; a fantastic keeper earlier in his career, but not for us. Prudhoe, a superb keeper with terrific distribution but by the time we got him he was nowhere near up to the standard.

But if it causes offence to people then fair enough, we won't continue.

Shall I set up a poll to gauge interest?

:winking:

Fbm,

My gripe is even if an ex player admits he was rubbish,his family may become upset and annoyed by some of the comments,I hate to think when your poll gets to centre forward in particular those strikers no longer with us.

Im not offended at all,just felt it was in poor taste.

Fbm,

My gripe is even if an ex player admits he was rubbish,his family may become upset and annoyed by some of the comments,I hate to think when your poll gets to centre forward in particular those strikers no longer with us.

Im not offended at all,just felt it was in poor taste.

It's OK, I don't think Sada N'Diaye's parents can read English and certainly Dominic Iorfa's son is doing rather better than his Dad ever did.

Back