• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

yogi bear up the cagire

Life President⭐
Looks as though a post I attempted to put up concerning my right to a voice in the forthcoming referendum has been prevented from being viewed. I got a notice this morning, stating that it had been submitted for approval by an admin; since then, nothing at all. It apears you can swear as much as you wish on FB, or even propose racist views but when you demand democratic rights, it apparently offends someone........curious! This is approximately (couldn't copy and paste it) what I wrote and asked for people to share:-

"As a British subject residing in Europe, the vote on the 23rd of June could have profound consequences on my future status in France. I hereby call upon Her Majesty's Government to take steps which would permit all UK Nationals living in mainland Europe, the right to participate in the forthcoming in-out referendum."

Is this too controversial? On reflection, this also makes me question their control and censorship................how were they able to stop the post before it appeared? I obviously don't believe that there are a group of individuals looking at every post that is submitted so, as far as I can see, there are two alternatives. Firstly, there are key words in a passage being automatically flagged and being brought to the attention of the admin, before being published. The second is rather more sinister.........are MY posts being monitored? I would appreciate anyone who can throw some light on this situation...........FB don't seem to be too illminating.

Looks as though a post I attempted to put up concerning my right to a voice in the forthcoming referendum has been prevented from being viewed. I got a notice this morning, stating that it had been submitted for approval by an admin; since then, nothing at all. It apears you can swear as much as you wish on FB, or even propose racist views but when you demand democratic rights, it apparently offends someone........curious! This is approximately (couldn't copy and paste it) what I wrote and asked for people to share:-

"As a British subject residing in Europe, the vote on the 23rd of June could have profound consequences on my future status in France. I hereby call upon Her Majesty's Government to take steps which would permit all UK Nationals living in mainland Europe, the right to participate in the forthcoming in-out referendum."

Is this too controversial? On reflection, this also makes me question their control and censorship................how were they able to stop the post before it appeared? I obviously don't believe that there are a group of individuals looking at every post that is submitted so, as far as I can see, there are two alternatives. Firstly, there are key words in a passage being automatically flagged and being brought to the attention of the admin, before being published. The second is rather more sinister.........are MY posts being monitored? I would appreciate anyone who can throw some light on this situation...........FB don't seem to be too illminating.

Complain to the Tory and Unionist party.

After all it was a pledge in their May 2015 manifesto.

Last edited:
Did this happen straight away or after a few hours? If it's a few hour then someone possibly reported you.

Did this happen straight away or after a few hours? If it's a few hour then someone possibly reported you.
This is what surprised me. Virtually as soon as I clicked 'entry' to put up my post, the following message from FB appeared:-
"Your post has been submitted & is pending approval by an admin."
Thus my post never actually appeared.

I didn't know that (what are you doing, reading the Tory manifesto? :winking: ) Suprised Cameron hasn't worked on this.... surely a good channel to boost the 'stay in' vote?.............though perhaps not with you?

See correction.:winking:

As for your other point,there's no question that the majority of long-term expats (including me) would have voted for remain.

Incidentally, what "profound consequences on my future status in France" do you expect to result from the referendum vote?

See correction.:winking:

As for your other point,there's no question that the majority of long-term expats (including me) would have voted for remain.

Incidentally, what "profound consequences on my future status in France" do you expect to result from the referendum vote?

As I'm married to a French National, I don't suppose I shall have great problems but that's no reason not to milk the situation. There could however be some minor inconveniences that I'd prefer to avoid.

As I'm married to a French National, I don't suppose I shall have great problems but that's no reason not to milk the situation. There could however be some minor inconveniences that I'd prefer to avoid.

As you know, I'm also married to a French National.The only possible inconvenience of an out vote that I could easily envisage, would be us having to go through two different queues at customs,as people of non-British nationality had to do before the UK joined the EU.

In any case this won't happen, as there will be a majority to remain in the EU.

As Arthur Seaton said:-"All the rest is propaganda" :winking:

Last edited:
Back