• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tinky

Youth Team
Mr Martin has been seen having late night dinner chats with him!!!

Are they just good friends or is Ron lining up a replacement for the summer!!

Not a manager I have a lot of time for, was rather unpleasant towards us whilst at Yeovil I seem to remember, the year they got promoted, and he kept getting invited to do punditry. Was particularly biased against us from re-collection.

Not exactly got a glowing CV has he :stunned:

Are we thinking of the same Gary Johnson?

The one I'm thinking of was part of the management team when John Beck took Cambridge from the old fourth to the second tier; took Yeovil from the conference to League One; took Bristol City from League One to the Championship play-off finals and managed Latvia.

I can't say I've ever particularly warmed to him, but that's an impressive CV and very much a Ron Martin type as an experienced name who's done it before (think Atkins who Ron wanted instead of Tilly, Sturrock and Brown).

Not a manager I have a lot of time for, was rather unpleasant towards us whilst at Yeovil I seem to remember, the year they got promoted, and he kept getting invited to do punditry. Was particularly biased against us from re-collection.

What managers do you have time for? (Ignoring any with a Southend connection).

Are we thinking of the same Gary Johnson?

The one I'm thinking of was part of the management team when John Beck took Cambridge from the old fourth to the second tier; took Yeovil from the conference to League One; took Bristol City from League One to the Championship play-off finals and managed Latvia.

I can't say I've ever particularly warmed to him, but that's an impressive CV and very much a Ron Martin type as an experienced name who's done it before (think Atkins who Ron wanted instead of Tilly, Sturrock and Brown).

What managers do you have time for? (Ignoring any with a Southend connection).
Neil Warnock only for his ability to start a fight in an empty room

Neil Warnock only for his ability to start a fight in an empty room

Lol, yes, he's one of the more conspicuous ones but I do like him. Those that spring to mind that I like include Martinez, Pochetinno, Ranieri, Howe, Redknapp, Claridge (though not as England's) from the higher leagues.

Lol, yes, he's one of the more conspicuous ones but I do like him. Those that spring to mind that I like include Martinez, Pochetinno, Ranieri, Howe, Redknapp, Claridge (though not as England's) from the higher leagues.

Steve Claridge?:omg:

Back