• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Csboy

Manager
We now have the magic 55 points. No team has ever been relegated on 55 points or more (we were relegated on 54 points in 1989) so time to start celebrating.

At the start of the season I don't think any Southend fan could have expected anything more than a relegation struggle but here we are safe with 9 games to go and who knows where we will finish. If we make the play offs fantastic if we don't so what we have far exceeded expectations for this season.

Well done Phil and the boys you have done us proud this season.

This post is far to positive for my liking, doom and gloom please:smile:

Really? Whilst I'm pleased as punch we have definitely stayed up, if anything I'd say this post is negative. Let's aim higher, the play offs are still within reach. Up the Shrimpers:loyalsupporter:

We now have the magic 55 points. No team has ever been relegated on 55 points or more (we were relegated on 54 points in 1989) so time to start celebrating.

At the start of the season I don't think any Southend fan could have expected anything more than a relegation struggle but here we are safe with 9 games to go and who knows where we will finish. If we make the play offs fantastic if we don't so what we have far exceeded expectations for this season.

Well done Phil and the boys you have done us proud this season.
Actually I think a lot of us had confidence that the team would do ok ( oh yer of little faith). It's not exactly unusual for a promoted team to do well 1st season. There's an argument that first season you still have the advantage of the feel good factor from last year

Actually I think a lot of us had confidence that the team would do ok ( oh yer of little faith). It's not exactly unusual for a promoted team to do well 1st season. There's an argument that first season you still have the advantage of the feel good factor from last year

You wouldn't think there is any sort of a feel good factor if you read half the posts on this forum on some of these threads !

You wouldn't think there is any sort of a feel good factor if you read half the posts on this forum on some of these threads !

Defeats, managerial dramas, dodgy finances, player unrest, dodgy rumours without revealed sources. These are the lifeblood of ShrimperZone. We thrive on them far more than feel good factors. We understandably exhausted all of our quota of 'feel good' immediately after Wembley last year. Saying you feel good is a bit like saying you go to church or vote Labour, not to be shouted loud too much.
  Spoiler:  
I'm feeling good at the moment!

There's no doubt we have done exceptionally well, and all credit must go to Phil and everyone concerned, especially too ,the greatvsouthend supporters this season. Terrific level of support and my huge admiration o the great guys and gals who have managed to throw their hearts and souls into getting to far off places and keep the noise coming to see the boys through.
I think we could make 70 points , a code run thing to back to back promotions.
then so much will depend on key personnel changes for next season and what can be built upon. These days as much as anything it seems to also revolve around the quality of the 5 loanees you have on board at any one time!:clap:

I didn't expect a relegation battle, more of a flirt. I thought we would be thinking "ooh we might finish above half way" rather than "Ooh we might make the play offs". It has been the recent home form that gas punctured our water wings.

There's no doubt we have done exceptionally well, and all credit must go to Phil and everyone concerned, especially too ,the greatvsouthend supporters this season. Terrific level of support and my huge admiration o the great guys and gals who have managed to throw their hearts and souls into getting to far off places and keep the noise coming to see the boys through.
I think we could make 70 points , a code run thing to back to back promotions.
then so much will depend on key personnel changes for next season and what can be built upon. These days as much as anything it seems to also revolve around the quality of the 5 loanees you have on board at any one time!:clap:
I think the team has done well despite Brown:'(

Really? Whilst I'm pleased as punch we have definitely stayed up, if anything I'd say this post is negative. Let's aim higher, the play offs are still within reach. Up the Shrimpers:loyalsupporter:
I've said before anyone who thought we could be in the current position in August would be more than happy!
Like you winning the play offs would be a great achievement but not sure in all honesty i'd want to be the Col u of the championship. We would be paupers amongst clubs who get big gates,parachute payments etc.
Having said that we are in a great position to build and be ready to compete (just have to forget about stadiums that may never happen).
If I stumble across an Oligarch down the seafront I will send them up Vicky Ave with a big cheque.:winking:

I've said before anyone who thought we could be in the current position in August would be more than happy!
Like you winning the play offs would be a great achievement but not sure in all honesty i'd want to be the Col u of the championship. We would be paupers amongst clubs who get big gates,parachute payments etc.
Having said that we are in a great position to build and be ready to compete (just have to forget about stadiums that may never happen).
If I stumble across an Oligarch down the seafront I will send them up Vicky Ave with a big cheque.:winking:

talk about the new stadium is there anything new on that front

Back