• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RHB

I'm a Mod too⭐⭐
Staff member
I'm thinking of investing in a Brennan B2 and moving our entire CD collection onto it.

http://www.brennan.co.uk/

The starting model is around £380 and whilst that isn't mega money it's enough to make me ask if there is anyone on the Zone that has got, or used, one. Alternatively, does anyone know of anything similar on the market. For those that haven't heard of it, the Web page says:

At its simplest B2 is a hard disk Hifi that stores your entire music collection.

You can use it like an old-school CD player - just put a CD
in and press play. Instant gratification. Press another button and B2 rips the CD onto the hard disk.

Track, Album and Artist names are assigned from the internet as you load so you can find music by name later. (By
the way - you don’t need an internet connection - B2 has an internal database of 3.5 million CDs).

Store all your CDs on the hard disk and you can declutter your living room, get instant access to any track and play
unbroken music at the touch of a button.

I'm thinking of investing in a Brennan B2 and moving our entire CD collection onto it.

http://www.brennan.co.uk/

The starting model is around £380 and whilst that isn't mega money it's enough to make me ask if there is anyone on the Zone that has got, or used, one. Alternatively, does anyone know of anything similar on the market. For those that haven't heard of it, the Web page says:

At its simplest B2 is a hard disk Hifi that stores your entire music collection.

You can use it like an old-school CD player - just put a CD
in and press play. Instant gratification. Press another button and B2 rips the CD onto the hard disk.

Track, Album and Artist names are assigned from the internet as you load so you can find music by name later. (By
the way - you don’t need an internet connection - B2 has an internal database of 3.5 million CDs).

Store all your CDs on the hard disk and you can declutter your living room, get instant access to any track and play
unbroken music at the touch of a button.

I've had one for a couple of years now and I'm a fan.Got about 2,500+ cd's loaded on it.Not got round to transferring my vinyl,tape collection yet (retirement project :winking:).Database is not all it's cracked out to be for new pop,blues or jazz records.Anything outside the very mainstream stuff, in fact.PM me if you want any further details.

PS My model allows me to store about 10,000 records on it (IIRC), (or was it 5,000? :cricko:) so probably an upgrade on the basic B2.

PPS.It looks very smart and the sound is good (I bought their speakers but you don't have to) and my wife is delighted that my CD's no longer clutter up the lounge, (most of them are in the garage instead).

Cheers mate. I've been looking at it for ages and have been getting increased grief lately from the domestic goddess over the ever increasing CD collection size.

Cheers mate. I've been looking at it for ages and have been getting increased grief lately from the domestic goddess over the ever increasing CD collection size.

It would solve that problem.I miss looking at (even CD) sleeve notes though so I've been playing the old vinyl quite a bit recently.

FWIW,I took a long time before making the plunge too.Though I can't say I've regretted it.

Ps I've/we've got a JB7.

Can't you just use an Ipod Classic & Itunes?

I have over 10000 tunes on my laptop, but no actual physical copies of music anymore. Sold over 400 CDs on Ebay recently for £60 or so - they're utterly worthless these days.

Can't you just use an Ipod Classic & Itunes?

I have over 10000 tunes on my laptop, but no actual physical copies of music anymore. Sold over 400 CDs on Ebay recently for £60 or so - they're utterly worthless these days.

I don't think that's actually legal. I think if you've burned something onto iTunes you need to be able to "prove" you actually own it. Not that many people will be chasing you though.

However, I'm the same. I'm perfectly happy with iTunes and a very old iPod which almost never gets used. That's because my music library is on a networked hard drive so that it can be picked up and played through my TV. Once the work on our house is complete (it hasn't even started yet) I'll also set up a Sonos system all round the house, which will also incorporate a surround sound system in the lounge. Then I'll be able to get rid of the iPod and speakers that are currently collecting dust.

I wonder if the iPod has any kind of value these days given that it is an original one! Some day soon it will be an antique!

But surely you need Wifi everywhere?

No - got premium, so download playlists/albums to take on the move. Means I can listen to new albums the day they come out, can curate classic playlists and everyone in the house has their own playlists. It's also on the telly so we can listen in the evenings when there's nowt on the box.

No - got premium, so download playlists/albums to take on the move. Means I can listen to new albums the day they come out, can curate classic playlists and everyone in the house has their own playlists. It's also on the telly so we can listen in the evenings when there's nowt on the box.

yeah i'm fully spotify now. Use local file feature for stuff which isn't in the catalogue.

Might have a look at that - though I'll still be keeping a laptop, an Ipod & a back up HD full of MP3s :smile:

Back