• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fret not people, we will have two home friendlies, one has been mentioned on here already. Close to home for the gaffer. And we will most likely see the Pross sooner than you all might have thought.

Now, just wait for the news to become official..

If you are saying we will have a game against Col Ewe, then how much will the Police costs be as I am sure it won't be a " friendly".

If you are saying we will have a game against Col Ewe, then how much will the Police costs be as I am sure it won't be a " friendly".

I agree.... But.. !!

Sorry, No idea on police cost I'm afraid.

As I understand if this goes ahead then it will be promoted as "family friendly". There will be a hope that this will help to keep the numbnuts away and, with some self policing, we might actually get a game where Tom Leggett might actually like to bring young Alfie along.

As I understand if this goes ahead then it will be promoted as "family friendly". There will be a hope that this will help to keep the numbnuts away and, with some self policing, we might actually get a game where Tom Leggett might actually like to bring young Alfie along.

For Colchester "family friendly" usually means incest.

Essex Police have suggested many times that the two clubs should not play pre season friendlies because during the Summer months, they have many other commitments and their staffing levels are lower due to holidays. Even if the clubs wish to play a friendly the Police will have the final say on if it will go ahead. I have heard nothing down here about a game against you guys but no doubt now it's on here one of our lot will claim to have inside information and mention it!

They can call it whatever they like, but a game against Colchester will never be family friendly! Imagine Rangers playing Celtic in a family friendly preseason! I am always happy to beat the scum, but this could go badly wrong once more!

Pretty silly after the incidents of February. I don't think there will necessarily be trouble but the police will have to have a decent presence after last time which will end up costing the club.

Have it on good authority as others have said that we'll be playing Newcastle at home, most likely Tuesday 26th July. Also Colchester at home, which they want to play on 30th, but can imagine there will be a few issues with policing.

Newcastle at home will be a good one if true. I'd be willing to go to that as opposed to the usual West Ham or Tottenham ***** we have to put up with.

To be honest, I hate the modern day friendlies. I don't like them because sometimes the Premiership clubs send down their second team or a lot of Yoofs. Also the endless substitutions which spoil the game.
The playing against Spam or Spuds has been done to death. So how refreshing to find out one of the games is against Newcastle. At last, something different.

I'd rather we had friendlies that tested us (ie Newcastle) rather than easy games like Wakering, Canvey and Col Utd :winking:

On the other hand theres not much point playing a team that will spank us.

Col U will be a good one, bit of a competitive edge to it

If the col u ones true, then why are we the only team who plays lower league teams at home? Orient last year now them makes no sense to risk the pitch for that, 4 home games in 2 weeks with the pitch so early is asking for it to be ruined by October

Back