• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

mattitouk

Life President
I thought I would start this thread following Rigsby's genuine post to move away from the Nice one. (it's not political as such.. hence me posting it here.. although mods, please feel free to move it, if the responses move that way?)

Anyway it seem's to me, that the German government / security services are sadly under extreme pressure lately especially within the last week.

Within the last few days:

1. A Machete attack on a train
2. A massacre outside a shopping centre
3. Deaths in Reutlingen
4. Suicide bomber in Ansbach

My heart goes out to them all.

Very sad indeed. It doesn't matter where in Europe, Turkey, France, Belgium, Germany, UK or anywhere so far not targeted. How much more are we going to take. Screw human rights and wooly liberalism. Strong border controls and compulsory ID cards won't fight the most determined but it is not a bad way to go.

The human right to life first must prevail.

Is it Terrorism, or clash of cultures, or mass confusion of mental adjustment among migrants from ruined lives and failed expectations?
Which ever way the problem is viewed there are huge problems ahead for Germany and elsewhere that East meets West or 3rd world (and medieval religious teachings) life rubs shoulders with the 1st.

And the New Year sexual terrorism of women ought to be on the list of opening disasters for social cohesion.

Angela Merkel's chickens are coming home to roost, and the innocent Germans are the ones paying the price. God forbid we get the same kind of incidents here on the scale of those in Germany, and indeed, in France. :sad:

Angela Merkel's chickens are coming home to roost, and the innocent Germans are the ones paying the price. God forbid we get the same kind of incidents here on the scale of those in Germany, and indeed, in France. :sad:

But hey!Refugees Welcome.

I thought I would start this thread following Rigsby's genuine post to move away from the Nice one. (it's not political as such.. hence me posting it here.. although mods, please feel free to move it, if the responses move that way?)

Anyway it seem's to me, that the German government / security services are sadly under extreme pressure lately especially within the last week.

Within the last few days:

1. A Machete attack on a train
2. A massacre outside a shopping centre
3. Deaths in Reutlingen
4. Suicide bomber in Ansbach

My heart goes out to them all.

There have been many more incidents suppressed by the media !

Allowing free movement of over 1 million people without any background checks is nuts,murderers rapists terrorists and petty criminals were all allowed into Europe.

Merkel should hang her head in shame.

Shows what sort of summer we are having because last week in a man a French Moroccan burst into the holiday apartment next door to where he was staying in the Alps and stabbed woman and her three daughters because they were scantily clad.

How can you reason with a culture that stabs 8 year old girls for wearing a bikini on holiday. This story barely made the news as we have so many other tragic events around Europe at the moment.

Personally I don't see Merkel winning her person of the year award for 2 years in a row.

Shows what sort of summer we are having because last week in a man a French Moroccan burst into the holiday apartment next door to where he was staying in the Alps and stabbed woman and her three daughters because they were scantily clad.

How can you reason with a culture that stabs 8 year old girls for wearing a bikini on holiday. This story barely made the news as we have so many other tragic events around Europe at the moment.

Personally I don't see Merkel winning her person of the year award for 2 years in a row.

I think you will find that the reason the chap went mental was that he got into a tiff with the father of the family.

I had not heard of this , So I read half a dozen reports , all said T Shirt and Shorts , no mention of bikinis . The longer reports also quoted the local police chief denying the statement made by a local TV Journalist that it was about being "scantily clad"

I did read about the White Male with an illegal weapon who shot a mother and her daughter in Lincolnshire , but there are no comments on his "Culture"

Stop lying.

If we're going down the 'cultures don't mix' line of thinking I'm not sure the Munich shooting should be roped in with the rest considering the motive. Whilst born to Iranian parents the guy was born in Germany and detectives have a theory that he was specifically targetting Arabic and Turkish people, if anything that one was a guy who identified as German going after immigrants rather than the other way around.

Last edited:
Not sure the Munich shooting should be roped in with the rest considering the motive. Whilst born to Iranian parents the guy was born in Germany and detectives have a theory that he was specifically targetting Arabic and Turkish people, if anything that one was a guy who identified as German going after immigrants rather than the other way around.

Of course it should be included, the thread is not about Isis or muslims, it is about terrorism (hence the title)

Regardless of his historical parentage, colour or religious beliefs, Gunning down innocent unknown random victims in a shopping mall, was a clear act of terrorism. He didn't know his victims or hold a grudge against them. He purely shot to kill as many life's as possible.

His actions were no different to Anders Breivik who planted a van bomb in Oslo (killing 8 people), and then immediately traveled onto an island to further massacre another 69 people (mainly children) on a summer camp.

The intent was there, the only difference is the casualty rate.

Of course it should be included, the thread is not about Isis or muslims, it is about terrorism (hence the title)

Regardless of his historical parentage, colour or religious beliefs, Gunning down innocent unknown random victims in a shopping mall, was a clear act of terrorism. He didn't know his victims or hold a grudge against them. He purely shot to kill as many life's as possible.

His actions were no different to Anders Breivik who planted a van bomb in Oslo (killing 8 people), and then immediately traveled onto an island to further massacre another 69 people (mainly children) on a summer camp.

The intent was there, the only difference is the casualty rate.

Sorry the conversation seems to be very 'this is due to different cultures not working together' orientated and I wrongly thought you'd mentioned it in your opening post as well (in which case the Munich massacre wouldn't be very relevant since it was a Christian guy born in Germany), I'll edit to make clear I'm specifically referring to that line of thought.

You're of course right that as the guy was specifically targeting Arabic people (although didn't seem too concerned if anyone else got caught in the crossfire), targeted people he didn't know and idolised Breivik he likely had an agenda and so was a terrorist, although oddly the media seem intent on calling him a 'shooter' once it was established he isn't Islamic which doesn't make much sense to me.

The second machete attack wasn't terrorism was it? Details have been few and far between (possibly because of all the other horrible events overshadowing it this weekend) but the last I saw it was a heated row and he knew the poor girl who he killed. Has that changed?

Munich is probably stretching the definition of terrorism too.

Quite right, no terrorism at all. Nothing to see here, move along.

c595586b491836bb2135fb603c2f4e5997ce0e2f8e41c30a81af650f568eaff8.jpg

Is the knife attack in Japan, with 19 people killed in a residential home also terror related? Unfortunately, with the way the world is today, you're always going to get these lone wolf type nutters who want to kill or main for whatever reason their brain makes justification for. It's not all terrorism.

Is the knife attack in Japan, with 19 people killed in a residential home also terror related? Unfortunately, with the way the world is today, you're always going to get these lone wolf type nutters who want to kill or main for whatever reason their brain makes justification for. It's not all terrorism.

Terrorism is usually defined as 'force or violent action for political purposes' so the Japanese man doesn't seem to fit the bill.
You're quite right in regard to peoples brains in the mental illness regard but we must almost remember there are psychopaths out there who just enjoy hurting and killing people.

Back