• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

So Franck Moussa has moved to Walsall ........ and according to an article on the B.B.C. an important consideration was the fact that the Walsall manager is an experienced physiotherapist and that the manager has "a good history of dealing with injuries" ............. which rather begs the question "don't we?" (that's Southend United that is).

Anyway, we were told on here by some that Moussa's knees are shot .............. but he has been getting plenty of time on the pitch so far this season ............

Indeed, started 3 times.

None of us know Moussa's situation regarding his injuries and I trust that we will have carefully assessed that.

However, I can't help but think that Brown bottled it regarding Franck and he was a better gamble than Hunt was last season. If Moussa has been fit enough to start 3 times out of 4 then it doesn't appear that we turned him down due to his fitness, and if that is the case, why did we turn down someone who is proven at both L1 and CCC level and would get the crowd going and provide the attacking threat from midfield we continue to lack.

Indeed, started 3 times.

None of us know Moussa's situation regarding his injuries and I trust that we will have carefully assessed that.

However, I can't help but think that Brown bottled it regarding Franck and he was a better gamble than Hunt was last season. If Moussa has been fit enough to start 3 times out of 4 then it doesn't appear that we turned him down due to his fitness, and if that is the case, why did we turn down someone who is proven at both L1 and CCC level and would get the crowd going and provide the attacking threat from midfield we continue to lack.

Indeed. :sad:

Jack Bridge is ready and willing to step as a central, attacking midfielder.

Indeed, started 3 times.

Or it could be that He turned us down because someone made him a much better offer.

Or it could be that He turned us down because someone made him a much better offer.

Perhaps Brown rejected Moussa because he appreciates that Moussa is not an upgrade on what we have.

Indeed, started 3 times.

very good points

This isn't the case. Brown didn't reject Moussa, he decided to go elsewhere. Brown wanted FM to sign.

Perhaps it's just me being overly simplistic but I find it hard to believe that we couldn't match Walsall's offer. Potentially further evidence that our resources are really misallocated across the squad.

Perhaps it's just me being overly simplistic but I find it hard to believe that we couldn't match Walsall's offer. Potentially further evidence that our resources are really misallocated across the squad.

Theres nothing to say its financial.

Demetriou came this way so on that basis we pay more than them, sometimes they make decisons on things other than money.

Theres nothing to say its financial.

Demetriou came this way so on that basis we pay more than them, sometimes they make decisons on things other than money.

True, but that doesn't help me pin this on Brown/Ron:winking:

He (Moussa) keeps clocking up the time on the pitch - not bad at all.

Hope he needs a rest around 26th November ..................

On the bench again last night as they lost to Fleetwood (a goal from another ex-shrimper Bolger) but not getting any time on the pitch.

Looks like The Moooose won't be on The Loooooose on Saturday.

Back