• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
The next 3 games are huge for the team the fans and above all the management.

Bolton away
Scunny away
Millwall at home.

I personally can't see us getting any points against those 3 sides on present form.

Lose Saturday and I doubt much will be said lose the following Saturday and it will be a very unpleasant atmosphere should millwall tear us a new one.

If we can get Innis and Ferdinand in the back line and one of woody or timlin in the middle we will have a much better chance to get something from the games.

Play the same team as last Saturday and with the same tempo as last Saturday and we will be in a whole world of troubles.

The next 3 games could define our season. Can PB turn it around and install some faith back into the club and the fans.

My guess is things will have to get worse long before they get any better.

The next 3 games are huge for the team the fans and above all the management.

Bolton away
Scunny away
Millwall at home.

I personally can't see us getting any points against those 3 sides on present form.

Lose Saturday and I doubt much will be said lose the following Saturday and it will be a very unpleasant atmosphere should millwall tear us a new one.

If we can get Innis and Ferdinand in the back line and one of woody or timlin in the middle we will have a much better chance to get something from the games.

Play the same team as last Saturday and with the same tempo as last Saturday and we will be in a whole world of troubles.

The next 3 games could define our season. Can PB turn it around and install some faith back into the club and the fans.

My guess is things will have to get worse long before they get any better.

What you mean is you are praying it will be and you will do your best to make sure it is.

The thing is Tommy, that the team played very well against Brighton, and while it could be argued that it wasn't a proper game (it was), it gave the players a real lift to play and win at Roots Hall. I think Saturday could bring a surprise and a win at Bolton, we shall see.

These are hard games and there is a good chance we'll get nothing from these - an improvement in performance will make me happy here I think. I really hope Brown doesn't get sacked off the back of picking up zero points here - I genuinely believe he can turn it around. Fleetwood was a debacle but sacking a manager before September must be a record right?

These are hard games and there is a good chance we'll get nothing from these - an improvement in performance will make me happy here I think. I really hope Brown doesn't get sacked off the back of picking up zero points here - I genuinely believe he can turn it around. Fleetwood was a debacle but sacking a manager before September must be a record right?

I'm not a Brown basher but neither am I his biggest fan. The thing is he's been here for 3 and a half years and our form since January has been abysmal!

The thing is Tommy, that the team played very well against Brighton, and while it could be argued that it wasn't a proper game (it was), it gave the players a real lift to play and win at Roots Hall. I think Saturday could bring a surprise and a win at Bolton, we shall see.

We won V Sheffield United, and got embrassed by Fleetwood...

I can see a point in one of those three maybe at home to Millwall, but Bolton look very good and Parkinson is a great appointment for them, so I cant see us winning there.

We can't afford to sack Phil Brown, with two years of his contract to run, so we just have to make the best of it. He's certainly not the worst manager we've had and his high media profile does us a favour.

Now the transfer window is closed hopefully the players will feel a bit more secure and pull together. I think we'll draw with the Trotters, beat the Iron and lose at home to the Lions.

We can't afford to sack Phil Brown, with two years of his contract to run, so we just have to make the best of it. He's certainly not the worst manager we've had and his high media profile does us a favour.

Now the transfer window is closed hopefully the players will feel a bit more secure and pull together. I think we'll draw with the Trotters, beat the Iron and lose at home to the Lions.

Id say his high media profile does the opposite. Some of the quotes from him in the last year have been terrible. If wages a lot of fans have read them a wondered why his still here.

Besides that, I fancy us to get something away to Bolton and scunny. Don't fancy our chances at home against milwall though. Once they kick on I think their going to win this division.

[h=3]These are tough looking games for sure but this is football and we are Southend United, anything could happen.[/h]

Brown out

You could be experiencing brown out if:

• 1.You work long hours, but without any real interest in your job. The work itself is a dull slog and lacks intellectual challenge or stimulation.

• 2.You feel as if you never really finish tasks. There’s always more to do.

• 3.You no longer know where your career is going and don’t make important decisions.

• 4.You contribute the minimum in meetings and have little interest in new suggestions. You’re the person who pours cold water on other people’s ideas.

• 5.You’ll use any excuse not to show up. A headache becomes a migraine and a cold is always flu.

• 6.You check emails when you get up in the morning and in bed before you to sleep. You are glued to your smartphone on holidays, on weekends and even during social occasions.

• 7.Physically you’ve started to suffer. You’re out of shape, you eat junk food, you don’t get enough sleep and you’ve given up exercising.

• 8.You’ve lost your sense of humour and tend towards passive aggressiveness and surliness. If anyone (in work or outside) asks you how things are going, you tend to snap or answer in monosyllables.

• 9. Family life is no longer what it once was. You come home late to watch TV and show little interest in your spouse and children. Friendships have withered on the vine and outside interests have been forgotten.

• 10.You don’t hate your boss, but they’re moody and unpredictable. You never know whether they’ll like or hate a given piece of work

Back