• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
With Brown seemingly unable to sign a birthday card at the moment, it would appear that most of our hopes are being placed on injured/jailed players to dig us out of the whole we find ourselves in.

Will these players make a difference and will any of them get fit?

Timlin...Not been fit for ages and we were told that he was nearly fit and has now had a set back. Im not sure that the set back is hamstring related. Hasn't played in forever and may not again if rumours are true.

Wordsworth. See above, but without any additional side stories. Could make a difference.

Ranger. I believe this is the player that could make the most difference. What worries me is that we are pinning our hopes on a player that has played 15 mins of football in the last 2 years. Lets hope in the coming weeks he gets fit.

Ferdinand. Another that has barely played any football , but is probably on a fair old whack to sit on the treatment table.

Innis. Not sure what to make of this fiasco. Only at Southend could we sign a player on loan that gets promptly jailed. I'm not sure this is the kind of player needed at this football club and should be sent back to palace. He wont though, given our limited numbers and frail defence.

How depressing that we have to pin our hopes on the above. If two or three manage to get fit we may have a chance. If not then it will be a very hard slog this season.

I'm pleased that there is no short term loan safety net - Brown (and us to) know what players we have and we just have to get on with it - just like in the old days. Every player back from injury will be a bonus.

With Brown seemingly unable to sign a birthday card at the moment, it would appear that most of our hopes are being placed on injured/jailed players to dig us out of the whole we find ourselves in.

Will these players make a difference and will any of them get fit?

Timlin...Not been fit for ages and we were told that he was nearly fit and has now had a set back. Im not sure that the set back is hamstring related. Hasn't played in forever and may not again if rumours are true.

Wordsworth. See above, but without any additional side stories. Could make a difference.

Ranger. I believe this is the player that could make the most difference. What worries me is that we are pinning our hopes on a player that has played 15 mins of football in the last 2 years. Lets hope in the coming weeks he gets fit.

Ferdinand. Another that has barely played any football , but is probably on a fair old whack to sit on the treatment table.

Innis. Not sure what to make of this fiasco. Only at Southend could we sign a player on loan that gets promptly jailed. I'm not sure this is the kind of player needed at this football club and should be sent back to palace. He wont though, given our limited numbers and frail defence.

How depressing that we have to pin our hopes on the above. If two or three manage to get fit we may have a chance. If not then it will be a very hard slog this season.

Sadly I fail to see how these guys will save us,injury prone so unlikely to play many consecutive games,if they are even selected.

Wordy would be my choice if the tactics played to his strengths,but fitness is a major drawback.

We had Timlin and Wordsworth available at times during our awful form in the second half of last season so I don't think they'd make a massive difference, though I think a fit again and regularly playing Timlin would help us a lot.

Ranger and Ferdinand are all unknown quantities at this level but have been unlucky with injuries, whether it is just luck or they're two crocks we don't know yet.

Inniss could certainly improve us solely based on performances on the pitch and his spells at Port Vale etc.

There's no way we should be expecting anything massive from Ranger this season, although he's still the most likely to make a difference. Ranger should've been a more long term signing. This season should've been about match fitness and getting back into the swing of things after two years out of the professional game, but obviously still chip in with a few goals. Next season should be the time for Ranger to show us what he's fully capable of.

Instead, we're so desperate that we're pinning all our hopes on him and will be expecting him to hit the ground running, thus putting huge pressure on him to deliver the goods.

Timlin and Woody are crocks and whilst good players, can't be relied upon for anything. So I don't buy Brown's excuses. Sorry state of affairs. We're going down with the Brown.

All of them are crocks. Look at their past appearances records, have any ever played 35-40 games in a season? Not many.

No. We're resting all our hopes on this season on players with horrendous injury records in recent years. Wordsworth will get fit and come in for 2 games and then stub his toe on the end of his bed and be out for 3 months.

All are relatively young and my biggest concern is for Timlin's future as he seems to be paying heavily for playing on while injured.
Inniss and Ranger are the ones for the future and both need to play ( as does Bridge).
Anton, at 31, ought to have a few more weeks fitness and then be good to start but until then just cameo appearances and 30-45 minutes game time.
WW is just guessing, can he cut it? Has he the heart and desire?

All of them are crocks. Look at their past appearances records, have any ever played 35-40 games in a season? Not many.

If we set 32 games as the over/under for how many league starts Ranger or Ferdinand will make this season, how many would take the over?

And 32 games is under 70% of the season. That's limited time to make a difference (and they may need time to get up to game speed etc)

I dont see how Wordsworth can make much difference ,even if fully fit ,going on your posts from last season he by all accounts is lazy and only puts in when he feels like it, Timlin i doubt will either ,as for Ranger ,yes a fully fit Ranger can definitely form a good partnership with Cox, Innis and Ferdinand plus Sokolik can also form a pretty formidable defensive trio,still short a creative playmaker in my view though.

No. Maybe the defensive ones will but can't see the others. Ranger's cameo at Sheff Utd was excellent but the way we play generally, we may as well not have any strikers on the pitch. Wordsworth, even if fully fit, isn't used properly - never seen a creative/goalscoring attacking midfielder used so poorly. He's clearly not given the tactical freedom to get forward and spends most of his time 40 yards behind the strikers. If he's not going to be used in a way which utilises his strengths then why bother?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont see how Wordsworth can make much difference ,even if fully fit ,going on your posts from last season he by all accounts is lazy and only puts in when he feels like it, Timlin i doubt will either ,as for Ranger ,yes a fully fit Ranger can definitely form a good partnership with Cox, Innis and Ferdinand plus Sokolik can also form a pretty formidable defensive trio,still short a creative playmaker in my view though.

Agree with this...Wordsworth is undoubtedly a talented player, but I'm not sure he'll be the answer in a struggling team. His performance at Rochdale towards the end of last year still haunts me

Words worth and Ferdinhand being put through a training session with Maer before Saturday game but no sign of Timlin

Apparently both Timlin and Ranger are still a couple of weeks away from resuming full training, So i expect we wont see them fully match fit & in the squad until at least the middle of October. :sad:

Apparently both Timlin and Ranger are still a couple of weeks away from resuming full training, So i expect we wont see them fully match fit & in the squad until at least the middle of October. :sad:

Timlin was doing very intense running routines today, and was moving very nicely. So he could be back in full training a bit earlier than two weeks.
That career ending injury rumour was false.

Back