• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Andy Edwards

And the job will be his at Xmas time as orient need to be back in league one ASAP as AH won't get them promoted:thumbsup:

And now interim manager following AH's sack. Will be hoping that he keeps 11 on the pitch for more than 20 seconds following Tuesday's game as they went down to 9 men inside 15 minutes.

Great to see another ex-blues in the managerial hot seat - along with Edinburgh and Powell. I wonder how many other teams can "boast" of having 3 ex-players as managers?

plus Nathan Jones and Neil Harris , that's 5 in the league and two international, Peter Butler (Botswana) and Spencer Prior (Thailand women)
Andy Edwards has been demoted,but you can add in Martin Allen at Barnet.
Manure have 3....Hughes,Phelan and Stam with Steve Bruce ready and waiting.

Great to see another ex-blues in the managerial hot seat - along with Edinburgh and Powell. I wonder how many other teams can "boast" of having 3 ex-players as managers?

Given that there are 92 league clubs are pretty much every manager has played professionally and the average career must cover let's say 5 clubs, then I imagine most clubs....

Ok I've worked it out/

with only 4 current managers having played for Southend, 18 clubs have had more past players as current prem/league managers (if that makes sense)

Top 4 are:

Barnsley (9) Heckingbottom, Curle, Wilson, Davis, Hignett, McCarthy, Monk, Neil, McCann,
Bristol City (8) Johnson, Dyche, Curle, Tisdale, MCarthy, Robinson, Mellon, Moyes
Sheffield Wednesday (8) Heckingbottom, Clough, Smith, Wilson, Pearson, Monk, Sheridan, Grayson
Burnley (7) McGreal, Davis, Phelan, Adams, Cook, Alexander, Mellon

Also, the following clubs have zero ex-players managing in the prem/efl

Arsenal
Colchester United
Crawley Town
Fleetwood Town
Fulham
Milton Keynes Dons
Newport County
stevenage
Stoke City

Ive excluded teams where the players didnt play a game, and non-league/foreign clubs for obvious reasons.

Ok I've worked it out/

with only 4 current managers having played for Southend, 18 clubs have had more past players as current prem/league managers (if that makes sense)

Top 4 are:

Barnsley (9) Heckingbottom, Curle, Wilson, Davis, Hignett, McCarthy, Monk, Neil, McCann,
Bristol City (8) Johnson, Dyche, Curle, Tisdale, MCarthy, Robinson, Mellon, Moyes
Sheffield Wednesday (8) Heckingbottom, Clough, Smith, Wilson, Pearson, Monk, Sheridan, Grayson

Arsenal
Colchester United
Crawley Town
Fleetwood Town
Fulham
Milton Keynes Dons
Newport County
stevenage
Stoke City

Ive excluded teams where the players didnt play a game, and non-league/foreign clubs for obvious reasons.

So a bunch of non-league clubs; a club with no history; Arsenal, Fulham and Stoke.

Stoke's the shocker there. Although Kevin Keen was a manager earlier this year and I can think of the likes of Steve Parkin, Chris Kamara, Sammy McIlroy and Howard Kendall who were managers who played there.

Ok I've worked it out/

Top 4 are:

Arsenal
Colchester United
Crawley Town
Fleetwood Town
Fulham
Milton Keynes Dons
Newport County
stevenage
Stoke City

Most people would agree that Fulham's ex-manager ,Chris Coleman, is doing a pretty damm fine job as manager of Wales.

Back