• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Parking at Anglia Ruskin University

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
I am doing a degree through work and have started to go into to the uni on Fridays. The parking or lack of in Chelmsford is a nightmare. Got the park and ride last week and the que was 300 deep.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows of any street parking that is within a 20 odd minute walk as all of the surrounding roads are permit only.

Did you get the park and ride on the day John Lewis opened? Was talking about this on Friday with friends, and they were talking about people who normally had no bother having a nightmare because of John Lewis.

I have done several courses at the Chelmsford Campus (thank your lucky stairs your not at the Cambridge campus) and still do the odd day release there.
Unfortunately there is no off street parking anywhere near other than residents or time limited parking. I used to park at Riverside and walk across - fortunately, my employer refunded my parking charges.
Be careful parking around this area as the wardens are particularly quick to issue tickets

Colleague at work, who lives in Chelsmford told me there was some free parking in Church Street, the only restrictions are 9am-10am, not sure if your study means you can avoid this time?

I can ask him if he recommends any where else when i see him tomorrow

I am doing a degree through work and have started to go into to the uni on Fridays. The parking or lack of in Chelmsford is a nightmare. Got the park and ride last week and the que was 300 deep.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows of any street parking that is within a 20 odd minute walk as all of the surrounding roads are permit only.

You're doing a degree and can't spell queue?

There's a couple of pay and display car parks on Rectory lane, the main road, going in the direction of the King Edward school. There's usually space in the mornings but do get busy during the day.

If you are willing to walk 20 minutes or so street parking is there, but it's not in the city centre. Have a look at Springfield or off Broomfield Road. You can cut through to campus in certain places.

However, the bizarre fascination with John Lewis made things really bad last week. I am sure it will ease off and I would say coming from Benfleet the P&R is still your best bet.

Back