• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

------------------Oxley
White Inniss Ferdinand Barrett Coker
------Atkinson Leonard Mcglashan
-----------------Cox
--------------Fortune

I expect Mooney, Mclaughlin and Woodsworth in there instead though

That's exactly the team I'd like to see.

Really think giving Cox/Fortune a run until Ranger is fit is a good move and having Will in front of the central defence, allows Lenny to push forward more in the away games.

This will game manage Wordy a bit. He didn't look like he had 90 mins in him on Tuesday, after two tough games.

We know that Fortune and Cox can play for 90 minutes if needed.

And I think we know that Ranger is declaring himself match fit.

And I think we know that Coxy plays better with either Fortune or Ranger alongside him.

I think you can put that lot together and come to the same conclusion with regard to starting strikers and sub when needed. :omg::smile: :thumbsup:

i'd go

...........................OXLEY.........................
.......THOMPSON......INNESS.....BARRETT.....
WHITE............................................COKER
.....................LEONARD...WORDSWORTH.....
....MCLAUGHLIN........FORTUNE......COX.........

but i reckon PB will go for :

..........................OXLEY...........................
WHITE....INNESS....FERDINAND...BARRETT..COKER
MCGLASHAN.....LEONARD....WORDSWORTH..MCLAUGHLIN
................................FORTUNE......................

Surely Fortune must start, his confidence must be high and he looks like he can link play. Dont know why Brown persists with Mooney.

So lets see how we fare away from home after 3 games.

I will say 3-1 defeat.

I'm afraid PB will pick a team to park the bus on our goal line, hoping for a breakaway goal.

But I'm nearly always wrong. Hopefully he will pick a team to blow Rochdale away within 20 minutes, as we did to Sheff Utd at Bramall Lane.......

It is slightly interesting to see that Rochdale are only 3 points ahead of us in the league despite the fact that Rochdale have won 4 on the bounce.

Otherwise there seems to be little appetite for this game in Shrimperzoneland. Perhaps the result will perk everyone up.

We're at 3-1 with william hill, I've got a good feeling about this game. Worth a flutter?

Oxley
White, Innis, Ferdinand, Coker
McGlashan, Leonard, Wordsworth, McLaughlin
Cox, Fortune

After the last two performances, that's how I'd start today.

We badly need to start getting some results away from home, 3 of the next 4 games are away.

I would probably take a point if it was offered to me now.

Oxley
Cox, Fortune

Think he'll start with roughly that, but probably sacrifice McLaughlin for Barrett.

Oxley
Cox, Fortune

That looks good to me, although in a tough away game I would be tempted to start with Mooney and let him do his thing chasing and closing down their defence and aim to bring on Cox/Fortune after an hour or so.

Back